• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reaper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    Sometime in the future I would like to purchase an AR, but I am a lefty when shooting rifle.

Becuase I am left eye dominant I shoot rifle and shotgun lefty, but I am a right handed pistol shooter.

What are my left handed AR options???

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Stag arms is about it, but they are good quality AR's.
    Stag Arms - Worldwide Leader In AR Manufacturing

DSC_0166.jpg

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Get a righty AR. I am left eye dominant. I shoot rifle and shotgun left handed but a pistol righty. I have no problem with a right handed AR. I have no idea why I would need a left handed AR.

I have a rock river arms and a Les Baer Police Special. Both are great for a lefty.

byggpoppa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    NW Indy
    Doesn't Noveske do a lefty? That being said I'm left eye dominant and shoot nothing but "normal" ARs... I'm just used to shooting right handed firearms. Also in a SHTF scenario I want parts to be as common as possible.

jp828108

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Clermont
    i have a stag arms model 3 in left hand and love it..... it's the first ar i bought, and since i'm left handed i decided why not get exactly what i want if i'm going to spend the money on it.

arbitrary

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    I also have a lefty Stag and it is highly recommended. Sure you can get use to a rightist AR, but shoot one of these, and you won't look back.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    My buddy has no fingers on his right hand (born that way) and he has a stag lefty AR and he loves it. I have not shot it, but i was with him when he shot it once and as you can see from the pic above it runs pretty much just like a regular AR.

I agree that you could be fine with a righty AR though. Our military has been doing it for years, and trust me there are a few lefties in the military.

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    I have a lefty STAG and love mine. Very accurate and a fun gun. The first time I took it to the range the casings kept hitting the guy on the other side of me and he keep blaming his shooting buddy was throwing things at him. Ididn't realize it was kicking them that far out, apologized and we had a long chat on the "new fangled shooter that kicked the cases out the wrong way...."

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Doesn't Noveske do a lefty? That being said I'm left eye dominant and shoot nothing but "normal" ARs... I'm just used to shooting right handed firearms. Also in a SHTF scenario I want parts to be as common as possible.

Oh BP, my buddy doesn't have to worry about when SHTF, he lives very close to me.;)

Reaper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    My research has definitely lead me to believe Stag is my best option. I understand a righty would work, but prefer to get it in lefty.

Loony1 - I like the photo!

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    My research has definitely lead me to believe Stag is my best option. I understand a righty would work, but prefer to get it in lefty.

Loony1 - I like the photo!

Thanks it is of my buddy shooting his Stag (I steered him toward:D).
    Glad you are going that direction as I really think you will be very happy with the choice.:ar15:

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Other than the left side ejection what is different about the left handed upper? I thought maybe you could already move the safety on a std AR because I have seen at least one that the lower receiver was marked on both sides for fire and safe.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Other than the left side ejection what is different about the left handed upper? I thought maybe you could already move the safety on a std AR because I have seen at least one that the lower receiver was marked on both sides for fire and safe.
    Doesn't look like much else is different, just the upper.

FWIW: My better-half is left-handed. I put ambidextrous safety levers on our ARs, and she is perfectly happy. I offered to put shell deflectors on them too, but she says they're not necessary. The brass never hits her.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    For just the upper it does not seem worth it to me. I have yet to notice any problems with any right side ejection weapon shooting left handed. Bolt action rifles are one area where I think a lefty needs a lefty specific gun if the shooter wants to maintain any reasonable rate of fire.

Top Bottom