Left handed shooter... Holster suggestions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Im a left handed shooter. With that being said, I need a new holster. Any suggestions of what format would work best for a shooter such as myself? Im not interested in the whole "Serpa vs. what ever" debate, but rather what style of rig would work for someone such as myself (repetition, repetition, repetition).

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Check out Fist, under their "Options & Alterations" they say that "ALL" of their holsters can be made Left Handed.

I have the model #7 for my 1911 and am very happy with the fit and finsh.

HOLSTERS

daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    I have a blackhawk, I'm also a left handed shooter and really like it. A little more expensive ( i thought) but has more features then others that i've seen.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Im a left handed shooter. With that being said, I need a new holster. Any suggestions of what format would work best for a shooter such as myself? Im not interested in the whole "Serpa vs. what ever" debate, but rather what style of rig would work for someone such as myself (repetition, repetition, repetition).

I too am a southpaw. Good leather holster makers will almost always make a left handed version. I am currently carrying OWB with an El Paso Saddlery Crossfire holster. VERY well made....very comfortable, conceals well, and it fits my MP like a glove (I have the 5" barrel, harder to find holsters for it).

Get a GOOD gun belt too. Makes a HUGE difference.

For IWB, this is my choice from Brigade Leather.

Top Bottom