• ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Shed hate it. :):
    she didn't like the usp because of the recoil characteristic with the high bore axis. A snappy round like 40 would only make matters worse from her pov. I told her I could put ambi lever on the 9, she said it wouldn't matter because disliked everything else (except the mag release)

I guess she'll just have to get used to my Glock 20 :D

seriously, I think I'll have her try a small frame glock and a m&p

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    Take a look at the FN FNP series pistols. The 9, 40 and 357 versions do not have an ambidextrous slide release or mag release, but they have an ambidextrous decocker. The FNP-45 has ambidextrous slide and magazine release and an ambidextrous decocker. Even with the ambidextrous magazine and slide releases, I find myself using my trigger finger out of habit. I use the decocker more than both of the other controls, so having an ambidextrous one is crucial.

It's pretty surprising how lefties get left out in the cold, I was looking for a DA/SA autoloader with an ambidextrous decock and no safety. My options are an FNP, or a USP variant 4. HK claims to make them in variant 4 but I couldn't even find a picture of one on the internet.

EDIT: The FNP 9, 40 and 357 have a mag release that can be changed for either hand.

Last edited:

IMPULSE.ACTIONS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    There
    I am a lefty and have just adapted to working in the right handed shooting world. With an amby safety my 1911 is my choice for comfort and useability. The ejection doesn't effect shooting much from a handgun and using my index finger to release the slide seems more natural to me than trying to stretch my thumb up to it. The only downfall is a lot of people have difficulty releasing the magazine. In my shooting position I have just practiced and become accustomed to reaching my right middle finger under my left hand grip to drop the mag in a quick reload. Now it is 2nd nature but can't dispute that a right side mag release is still better.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Have her try an XD.

Ambi mag release and no manupulation of safties other than a proper grip and squeeze.

Kel-Tecs and Kahrs, without external safties are nice too.

Top Bottom