• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    So a buddy of mine from when we served together called me up with a question. His wife was the middle car of a fender bender. The car behind her had rear ended her and she hit the car in front of her. He thought he saw the officer give tickets to the rear driver for distracted driving or something and the front car for having no license.

He took her to the hospital kept all info and prescription receipts. She was fine no broken bones just some contusions. He said he's been in touch with the insurance company for the car repairs as it has full coverage and his wife dealt with the medical side. His wife never exchanged info as she called the police and the cop got the info he guesses.

Now his wife is leaving tomorrow to go to Cali to see her brother graduate boot camp and the rear drivers insurance wants a statement from his wife. The insurance company said he can talk on her behalf if she is going to be out of state. Is this normal practice?

I've been in one accident not at fault had insurance guy come out give a estimate but never went through as my car is now a work vehicle. He thinks they are trying to put the blame on his wife or weasel out of paying for the car and her medical bills when they get them.

Any ideas from my INGO family.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I told him after thinking about if for a while to call his insurance company and see what they say. I would assume if the insurance company says ok she should just say basic info that she was rear ended went to the hospital, and if they need more info to contact her insurance company.

Top Bottom