• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I have been hearing that automatic knives are now legal in Indiana. What about federal law? I have Googled it and am more confused than before. It looks to me like they have been prohibited federally since the '50s. True or not?

How does federal laws effect us here? Does anyone know where I can read up on it in normal language? Reading the ACTUAL laws is not really practical as they seem to be written in some kind of cipher..........The actual text appears to be composed of random words and letters. They contain no intelligent communication.

If I wanted such a knife, how does one legally get one? Feds prohibit interstate commerce? Bans manufacture and transportation? Cannot be sent by mail? Where did you guys get your knives?

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    If the Indiana State Constitution says they're ok, then they are ok in Indiana. The only thing you might run into is a local ordnance, so be aware of where you take it. True that some archaic laws are still on the books such as shipping them through USPS, but you can use a private carrier like UPS, FED Ex, DHL, etc..... The best option though is to just give Brad (View Profile: Bradsknives - INGunOwners) your business, and let him worry about it. He carries a ton of autos and can probably get you whatever your looking for. Plus if you have an issue down the road with the knife, many manufactures will only send them back to law enforcement customers and dealers. That way they don't have to worry about breaking different laws and ordnances throughout the country.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    One of the only federal laws againts knives is if the blade actually projects/shoots free of the handle. Those are NFA.

Top Bottom