• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TWS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Something interesting a little off topic. I have bought a few rifles from Whittakers in owensboro, no problem. But they wouldn't sell me a stripped reciever several months ago, they said it had to be shipped into Indiana through a ffl. I guess because it wasn't an assembled rifle???

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Something interesting a little off topic. I have bought a few rifles from Whittakers in owensboro, no problem. But they wouldn't sell me a stripped reciever several months ago, they said it had to be shipped into Indiana through a ffl. I guess because it wasn't an assembled rifle???
    Haven't researched the state laws regarding handgun purchases. But since the stripped lower could also be assembled as a Handgun - could that be the reason?

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Haven't researched the state laws regarding handgun purchases. But since the stripped lower could also be assembled as a Handgun - could that be the reason?
    that is the reason exactly. Handguns bought out of state have to be transferred through an FFL in the State of residence of the buyer. A stripped lower can either.

to answer OP.. you can sell to someone in IL, but it MUST go through an FFL in either state .That FFL must follow IL laws on transfer of long guns and that is a 24 hrs wait.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    I have bought 2 long guns in IL from an lgs, and took them home. But at another place in IL, they won't let an IN res even touch one. Once shopping for a hand gun with my girlfriend, who then lived in IL, we were always told that it had to be shipped to an IL FFL, but one guy said the only way to sell it to her and ship to the IL FFl was if he has special permission from the IL governor. Wtf? Then I once bought a rifle from a pawn shop in TN.

Honestly, I don't think anyone really knows. Lol

Top Bottom