• ...and so much more!
  • LokhXIV

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    Or you could just call your FFL and ask them. Most likely you can just go to the FFL with her and she can fill out the transfer herself. They just need to know that the person who ordered the firearm is actually there to receive it and the firearm went to the intended customer.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I can certainly understand the confusion on the issue. Info from all directions, some will be from other States, some Federal, ATF shenanigans, this stuff never ends.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I can certainly understand the confusion on the issue. Info from all directions, some will be from other States, some Federal, ATF shenanigans, this stuff never ends.
    As I say at my seminars, listening to people talk about gun laws is like listening to 9th grade boys talk about sex, no one knows what is going on but everyone is very enthused.

It addition to chaff from buddies and LE, you have dealers using the law as a fence to excuse sloth, greed, nonfeasance, name a sin.

I use the example from my own past, 18, could finally buy guns for self, went to buy HK93 at west side of Indy gun store. 3 guys sitting on stools discussing bass fishing. I pull out money and point to HK93 on wall, desiring to buy it. More bass fishing discussions.

When I asked again I was told it was "highly illegal" to sell me a gun. Note I had been to this store several times when dad bought me gifts. They knew me, knew my dad. Was not a stranger.

Put money away and and never went back.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    nathan-fillion-oh.gif

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    when my wife was buying her first gun, we were both there. When it was 4473 time, they made me do it. I told them that it was hers, she was going to pay them for it, she was going to walk out with it. But they insisted. I guess they thought I was trying to get a straw sale going. I filled it out, they called it in, procede, she pays them for it and on my way out, I congratulated them on insisting that we have a straw sale.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    when my wife was buying her first gun, we were both there. When it was 4473 time, they made me do it. I told them that it was hers, she was going to pay them for it, she was going to walk out with it. But they insisted. I guess they thought I was trying to get a straw sale going. I filled it out, they called it in, procede, she pays them for it and on my way out, I congratulated them on insisting that we have a straw sale.
    Well, dont look so shady... :stickpoke: :lmfao:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    As I say at my seminars, listening to people talk about gun laws is like listening to 9th grade boys talk about sex, no one knows what is going on but everyone is very enthused.

It addition to chaff from buddies and LE, you have dealers using the law as a fence to excuse sloth, greed, nonfeasance, name a sin.

I use the example from my own past, 18, could finally buy guns for self, went to buy HK93 at west side of Indy gun store. 3 guys sitting on stools discussing bass fishing. I pull out money and point to HK93 on wall, desiring to buy it. More bass fishing discussions.

When I asked again I was told it was "highly illegal" to sell me a gun. Note I had been to this store several times when dad bought me gifts. They knew me, knew my dad. Was not a stranger.

I got asked a question I'm not sure how to answer.
    Question was can the children, and grandchildren buy the father/grandfather a firearm by all chipping in, and one person is given the money, and buys it, fills out 4473. Then presents firearm to father/grandfather at special occasion as a gift from family members?

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis

Did you ever get a HK 93?

chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    West side of Indy
    My wife is actually ready to buy her first firearm in her name. She has an Sig P238 and a Taurus 85. But I bought those years ago when laws were different. I'm buying off Bud's online from my account. Does it matter that my name is on that account? When we pick it up from the FFL she will fill out the paperwork.
    I’m not a lawyer, but as long as you aren’t doing a straw man purchase (buying a gun for a prohibited person), I don’t think you are breaking any laws.

Top Bottom