• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fred78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    The sale of the rifles the couple had in Cal. doesn't sound legal to me how can the press say it is?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I haven't followed closely, but I -think- they were maybe sold legally initially through FFL. I've then heard they were transferred to the couple illegally (someone else bought them from FFL) and modified illegally (to get around CA "bullet button" capacity restriction designs, etc). more details will probably come out over the next couple days.

but they can't admit to the failure of their gun laws, so they'll focus on any legal aspect they can...

-rvb

Fred78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    somebody had to lie on the application and the transaction would be illegal. One of the questions on my application was is this weapon for you?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    The media lies to serve an agenda. There's nothing more to it. It's not the first time, and it won't be the last. If called out on it it's just "Oops, we didn't have all the facts at the time, sorry."

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Once several years ago I thought about moving to CA. Started looking at gun laws, seem at that time different counties had different laws…yikes what a mess to figure out…..looked like my AR would of been illegal and think all guns had to be registered with local ordnance. Also a pistol unloaded in same room as the ammo was considered to still be loaded and thus illegal…..there was so much to learn and know I said screw it I'm not living in that state.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I thought it would be more damming if the weapons were illegally obtained? If they were legally purchased" common sense" gun legislation wouldn't have made a difference.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    In cases like this it's hard to get the actual truth because the major propaganda agencies have an agenda to push that doesn't involve either complete or accurate information. But from what I've been able to glean from a number of sources:

1) The couple did legally purchase two "sporting" rifles which look to be AR-style semi-automatics. These are legal in CA as long as all the parameters are met. Silly things like the "bullet button", no pistol grip or collapsible stock.

2) A "friend" purchased two other rifles and provided them to the couple. It seems these were of the same type, "sporting" rifles that were CA legal.

The rifles were modified to remove the bullet button and replace it with a standard magazine release button. Magazines holding more than 10 rounds are also illegal but it seems they were able to obtain 30 round magazines.

So many MANY existing laws were broken already. But clearly breaking laws was the least of their concern. Note that they also had IEDs (i.e. pipe bombs) which for whatever reason they didn't use or perhaps couldn't use.

I'm sure the legislators in CA will double-down and just add further restrictions to the lawful citizens there since clearly the existing laws didn't work. The liberal-leftist mind doesn't recognize the possibility of evil people just bad circumstances from which people must be protected by law.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Here is a sample of the **** our brothers in CA have to endure. Believe me Obama and his ilk would love to mimic the anti-gun laws in CA if they could. But they will not give up trying:

♦♦ How NOT to get Arrested for your OLL!!!! ♦♦ - Calguns.net

Lots of odd terminology but the main one is "OLL" which stands for "Off List Lower". It's a sporting rifle lower that is not specifically named on the CA Attorney General's LIST of make/model rifles covered as being legal or not. Lots of things to worry about, the stock, the muzzle device, the grip, the magazine non-release, etc. But if you just through enough hoops you can buy or build a (currently) CA legal sporting rifle.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    They have to say the guns were legally purchased to show that current gun laws aren't enough to stop mass killings.
    Their goal is complete outlawing of private ownership of firearms.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    They have to say the guns were legally purchased to show that current gun laws aren't enough to stop mass killings.
    Their goal is complete outlawing of private ownership of firearms.

Agree 100%. I've been reading last few days and you can see there is a agenda thats going to say the 2A has been mis interpreted, it isn't what the forefathers had as a plan and militia are actually standing Army, once they get the numbers in the Supreme Court to concur to their "facts", they can proceed to outlaw guns. I see this coming sooner or later. Liberals were patient and finally got enough libtards in the Supreme Court to finally get their agenda of "separation of church and state" from the mis representation of a Thomas Jefferson letter, it took about 100 years and even though the first 2 times the Supreme Court ruled and said it was not valid, a libtard Supreme Court finally over ruled…..abortion, gay marriage……it will happen, just a matter of time unless we get our country back on track.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    No matter how the acquired them, and no matter if they modified the bullet button etc etc. It won't matter. In the minds of the anti gun crowd it will not be evidence that more gun control doesn't work... It'll be that obviously we still don't have enough...

Sadly I think this is all it will turn into.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Same old story since the 60's when the idea was that taking handguns away from law abiding people outside the hood, would somehow reduce crime in the hood. Truth is, the law abiding are simply easier targets, always have been. Leadership really doesn't care either way, they aren't being shot at and people are something to either be managed or scraped off their shoes.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I'm sure the legislators in CA will double-down and just add further restrictions to the lawful citizens there since clearly the existing laws didn't work. The liberal-leftist mind doesn't recognize the possibility of evil people just bad circumstances from which people must be protected by law.

Agreed. This is what many people don't understand or don't want to understand about gun control. It's a never ending cycle until all guns are outlawed because when current gun control laws don't stop "firearm violence", they will create more laws with the excuse that the current laws weren't tough enough.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What's this bullet button thing, and how is it different from a mag release?

Kut, behold, the stupidity of legislative bodies:

images

Californians will usually lanyard their mag tools to the weapon.

Top Bottom