• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OldBob56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Camby
    I've searched the forums and only found 2 threads addressing this question and neither were necessarily helpful. I've shot guns since I was a kid on our property, but I haven't in about 5+ years. I'm trying to find out if it's still technically LEGAL to do so here. I'm in the Camby area, full backstops.

I've read and heard rumors saying it's legal and some saying illegal. Who really knows? :dunno:
    One thing I know for sure is that I don't want to target shoot here and get in trouble, causing my LTCH to be denied/suspended.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Depends on if you are within city limits, and what sort of ordinances apply in your area. If you are inside city limits, chances are it's illegal.

Even if you are outside, you will have to check and see if you have any sort of noise ordinances. Additionally, make sure to have a very good backstop, as that will go a long way towards making sure that you can continue to shoot for a long time.

Helps to have gun loving neighbors, (or no neighbors.) Some people will be dicks about it and call the cops every time they hear you shooting, just because.

OldBob56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Camby
    @BlueEagle, Thanks for the reply. I'm technically in the city limits, but I didn't used to be. They expanded them several times, I think. I mean Marion County's limits. I hear neighbors shooting quite often.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I don't think it's illegal in Marion county. I think that failed a couple years ago. If you are in the Indy city limits I'm guessing you are out of luck though.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    If the city limits have taken over the local PD would be the one to call. My guess would be no shooting. I live next to the Southwest Conservation Club in Waynedale. Members may shoot any calliber there and they hold Trap & Skeet shoots enery other Sunday. They Grandfathered in many many moons ago. A visitor at my house asked about the gunfire, I told her it was the sound of Freedom.

Top Bottom