Legal way to find owner of cell phone's info?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    If I have a cell phone number and want to find out who owns it, is there a legal way to do so?

Obviously they aren't like a land line where you can do a reverse search and get the info.

thanks,
    clay

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I usually try just googling the phone number.

It works half the time. I've found numbers in craigslist ads, online resumes, etc. Always worth a shot anyways.

You get lets of info if you google my cell number. It's my company phone so it's posted everywhere online.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    If I have a cell phone number and want to find out who owns it, is there a legal way to do so?

Obviously they aren't like a land line where you can do a reverse search and get the info.

thanks,
    clay

Why not just call one of the numbers saved in the phone? I'd start with "Mom" or "Dad."

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    yeah guys just a number, not the phone ;) and no, nothing to do with the wife.

its one of those things Ive tried in the past when I get a number pop up on the caller id. Sometimes you get a hit when you search, like when its a telemarketer calling that calls a lot of people. Other times I just wonder who it was when they dont leave a message. I got a call today that I didnt recognize the number, but I know its a local cell phone by the prefix.

I've just wondered if there was a way. I mean, if I *really* want to find out, Im sure I could. Ive got friends who work for cell companies. Im also sure I could pay somewhere online, but Im not THAT interested.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    lol, that was my next plan ;)

I actually semi-recognize the number. I think it belongs to a buddy of mine who refuses to leave messages. Drives me nuts! But Ive switched cell phones and lost a few contacts in the switch, so I get this about every day now. I was sitting at the computer when whoever called and the question popped into my head, so I posted it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I actually semi-recognize the number. I think it belongs to a buddy of mine who refuses to leave messages. Drives me nuts! But Ive switched cell phones and lost a few contacts in the switch, so I get this about every day now. I was sitting at the computer when whoever called and the question popped into my head, so I posted it.

lol that would be my FIRST plan :):

Just call and you will know if the person answers, you dont even have to talk if you dont wanna and you might just know the voice. :dunno:

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    When in doubt dial *67 and then the number. It will block your number from showing on their caller ID and then you may recognize the voice.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I just text people in that situation. A simple "Who is this" usually works. When they reply and is someone you know, explain "hey new phone" scenario. If its someone you dont know, oh well.

-MColford

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    As Mcolford said....simple text, "who is this"...when they say its "blank" dumbass, you respond with i lost my contacts and didnt recognize number. Works every time.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas

HA! I'm the opposite. I hate people who leave me voicemail. I never check it, such a pain. If I don't answer, I'll see the caller ID and call you back. (obviously it doesn't work if you don't know who it is)

Top Bottom