• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    I appreciate those suggesting training, but I'm not considering it AT THIS TIME. Right now, I'm more worried about potential price increases, unavailability, and potential transfer restrictions if Hillary is elected, although these are probably more likely for "assault rifles". Since I personally know several NRA trained safety instructors, I KNOW I can get training for them in the future. My kids have all been shooting since single digit ages so they all have basic safety rules down so not worried about them doing something stupid immediately.
    --Rick

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Fyi. Dunhams well not sell you a gun if you are planning on gifting it. They know it is legal but there store policy prevents them from selling it to you.
    Might be other places that have a similar policy so you might not mention that at the time of purchase.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Thread coming back from the dead.

My son who will be graduating from college this year is very interested in a new handgun. He goes to a college in Kentucky, rents a apartment in KY, but he still has his Indiana drivers licenses. I will more than likely purchase the handgun at a local gun store in Kentucky. The gun will have to be shipped to a FFL here in Indiana (Evansville). My question is.... do the above replys still hold true for a out of state purchase? I don't mind taking him to the gun store and just have him fill out the 4473 form, but I think it would be a mush more of a surprise if I could wrap it up and give it to him at a party.

Top Bottom