1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011

jon159753

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Avon, IN
    I don't even know why this is news worthy. IMPD will 2-3 call people all the time for traffic stops. "Tonight on news at 10. Man gets pulled over and nothing happens."

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I don't even know why this is news worthy. IMPD will 2-3 call people all the time for traffic stops. "Tonight on news at 10. Man gets pulled over and nothing happens."
    Neither do I, but I'm hoping it might remind the locals that Terre Haute is in Indiana not Illinois.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    The driver was cooperative with police and said that he was driving home from the shooting range when his gun fell off the passenger seat and onto the floor. The driver said that he picked the gun up and put it on his lap.
    I think this guy needs introduced to a little device called a holster.
    ...Or a gun case.

I wonder if they took his gun and ran the serial number.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Thats just great, I place my 1911/pancake holster on the center console or the passenger seat all the time when I enter the vehicle -to hard to get at it with the muffin top in the way while belted in!
    Note to self: careful doing that in Terre Haute

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    MWAG

That is nothing, I saw a man with a gun driving down I-69 today, he even had a shotgun in the front with him. OOPS, may have forgot to add he was a State Trooper. Just because you are wearing a uniform it's OK to have a gun?

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I was taking an AR in to get sighted in with a bore laser sight at the shop i work for and stopped at McDonalds to get an ice tea, not even thinking about the rifle sitting next to me in the passengers seat. I figured it out real quick, i think i scared the poor kid working the window, but no one said anything to me, and i never was pulled over. I hardly ever haul a firearm like that, but it was my brothers, and he was in a hurry, so i just put it in the seat. Sorry for the ramblings.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    So basically it was a waste of the LEO's time and the guy with the guns time who was driving home doing nothing illegal, because some guy freaked out and peed himself at the sight of a gun.

Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    It's news worthy because it wasn't a traffic stop. It was the THPD creating a blockade around a citizen who was doing nothing illegal. (Notice I didn't say "nothing wrong" because I think he's a doofus for having a gun loose in the seat where it's likely to fall in the floor. Hope it wasn't loaded.)

Becareful if you're transporting your fishing pole in plain sight; you're liable to get stopped to make sure you have a fishing license.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    No need to hide a gun. I will put mine between the passenger seat and console just because of where my seatbelt rides at. If some doocus sees it and panics and the police show up-does that mean I should be stopped, interrogated, detained, arrested, assaulted, beaten or even executed?

If he wasn't waving it around or shooting, then he should not have been pulled over. But there will always be more to the story that I don't know. Maybe they ran his plates and thought he was a felon.

ccrise

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Mishawaka, IN
    Wow.....I drive thru a bad section of town every day so I keep mine on a towel in the passengers seat. Sometimes I forgot to cover it. I would rather take the chance on being pulled over then not being able to get to it if I need it.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Please Post your Pro Gun Carry Comments at the web site, I have. A couple of the Sheeple are doing the lay down and squat routine - Thanks :draw:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Thats just great, I place my 1911/pancake holster on the center console or the passenger seat all the time when I enter the vehicle -to hard to get at it with the muffin top in the way while belted in!
    Note to self: careful doing that in Terre Haute
    I hope you slip it on your belt before you get out! I saw a video a few months ago of a guy in Ohio getting approached by a couple homies at a gas pump. One grabbed him and the other came out of nowhere to assist the first thug. The intended victim stiff-armed the first guy while he fumbled around and finally grabbed his pistol out of his car. He shot said perp twice at least in the abdomen ending the assault. I happened to run across a thread on "Ohioans for Concealed Carry" the other night where the actual shooter talked about what he did right and wrong. The wrong thing was to get out and not have his pistol on him. The right thing was that he had it chamber loaded. He said since his left hand was busy fending off the dude he couldn't possibly have been able to rack the slide. Fair warning on both counts!!

diverdown219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    N.W. IN
    I hope you slip it on your belt before you get out! I saw a video a few months ago of a guy in Ohio getting approached by a couple homies at a gas pump. One grabbed him and the other came out of nowhere to assist the first thug. The intended victim stiff-armed the first guy while he fumbled around and finally grabbed his pistol out of his car. He shot said perp twice at least in the abdomen ending the assault. I happened to run across a thread on "Ohioans for Concealed Carry" the other night where the actual shooter talked about what he did right and wrong. The wrong thing was to get out and not have his pistol on him. The right thing was that he had it chamber loaded. He said since his left hand was busy fending off the dude he couldn't possibly have been able to rack the slide. Fair warning on both counts!!

I was reading that thread over there the other night. It's a good read for sure. It's also interesting how facebook has been brought into it with the assailants (shootee)comments and threats. I dont think they were charged for that incident...but there in jail for other offenses now.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom