• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfhO38CPlAI"]YouTube - Government Officials Voting Fraudulently: Lawmakers Breaking the Law - Texas Legislature[/ame]

the citizens should be looking for scalps

same crap happens here in Indiana as well, i'm sure.

are there no men of integrity willing to lead?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I remember this happening somewhere else. There was a thread on it here. I think the excuses given by law makers were that people would call them and tell them how to vote and they would vote for that person. Or the law maker was in the john and someone else would vote for them.

No excuse. Disgraceful. Utterly :bs:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    "There's times when we don't break for lunch, we don't break for dinner, we don't have bathroom breaks..."

BOO FREAKING HOO! You do the job you were hired to do or you quit and let someone else do it. The legislators who leave their keys in the voting kiosks are 100% just as complicit and culpable as their garbage brethren. The fact that everyone does it doesn't make it somehow more right.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    "There's times when we don't break for lunch, we don't break for dinner, we don't have bathroom breaks..."

BOO FREAKING HOO! You do the job you were hired to do or you quit and let someone else do it. The legislators who leave their keys in the voting kiosks are 100% just as complicit and culpable as their garbage brethren. The fact that everyone does it doesn't make it somehow more right.

You took a different approach to that comment than did I. I interpreted it as meaning there are just soooooo many laws that need to be passed. Here is an idea for Ms. Plutocrat....maybe we (Texas) are good on "laws" for now.

Enter the fallacy of "limited government".....

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You took a different approach to that comment than did I. I interpreted it as meaning there are just soooooo many laws that need to be passed. Here is an idea for Ms. Plutocrat....maybe we (Texas) are good on "laws" for now.

Enter the fallacy of "limited government".....

This is why voter apathy is so high. We can't even get our legislators to obey their own rules IN THEIR OWN HOUSE. Not only that, when questioned about it, the Speaker of the House (who is the person responsible for enforcing the rule) refused to answer. That's right. We The People, HIS BOSS demanded an answer and he gave us the middle finger and said EFF YOU! They refuse to be held accountable for their actions. And you know what? They're right. They aren't accountable. There's not a darn thing any of us can do about these criminal actions.

Vote 'em out? This is not an isolated incident by one or two corrupt individuals. This is THE ENTIRE LEGISLATIVE SYSTEM. They're ALL doing it. What's the point of voting for one person over another when not a single one of them has managed to display any integrity whatsoever? The rules are something that only applies to Other People.

Top Bottom