• ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    altoids.jpg

If a tin that size was full of marijuana, what would the street value be?

It's not the best picture, but the tin was a small size, not the regular larger size.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Here's the story...

My son (14) was at a football game last night. He was talking to his friends when they all noticed two deputies walking towards them. One of the kids said, "here", gave my son a small tin, and hurriedly walked away. My son opened the tin, realized it wasn't mints, closed it, and threw it down. The deputies arrested the kid for possession. One of the deputies came up to me and my wife later and told us the kid was claiming he sold the marijuana to my son for $15. I know it's not truth, because we can account for the money he had, but I got to wondering if the tin would even be worth what the kid was claiming. Also, I was thinking, isn't dealing a bigger charge than possession?

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Lol I don't know either but I know it's light. Google says a "dime bag" is $10 worth of weed. Not much at all and very light. I'd guess that even the tiny Altoids tins will hold more than $15 worth.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Also, I was thinking, isn't dealing a bigger charge than possession?

Yes, but barely. "A" misdemeanor for dealing (if there is no prior) and "B" misdemeanor for possession (if there is no prior). Marijuana penalties were reduced last change of the IC code. I don't deal with dope cases, but I think it has to be with a prior or something like 10 pounds before it gets into a felony.

For a juvenile, I doubt there's any real difference. Also "smart as a teenager with a pocket full of dope" isn't a saying for a reason.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Here's the story...

My son (14) was at a football game last night. He was talking to his friends when they all noticed two deputies walking towards them. One of the kids said, "here", gave my son a small tin, and hurriedly walked away. My son opened the tin, realized it wasn't mints, closed it, and threw it down. The deputies arrested the kid for possession. One of the deputies came up to me and my wife later and told us the kid was claiming he sold the marijuana to my son for $15. I know it's not truth, because we can account for the money he had, but I got to wondering if the tin would even be worth what the kid was claiming. Also, I was thinking, isn't dealing a bigger charge than possession?
    In the juvenile system, there aren't really the same kind of degrees of offenses like in adult court. What happens is largely dependent on a whole bunch of "best interests of the child and welfare of the community" factors rather than the offense classification in adult court.

In my time in juvenile, I came to the conclusion that there wasn't really a true market price for small amounts of marijuana being exchanged at suburban schools. Most of the kids doing it didn't have a clue about actual drug dealing, and many of them were stealing it from their parents stash.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have another question that's unrelated but I don't want to start another thread. Are all prescriptions controlled substances? My FIL recently passed and there's a bunch of insulin left that's still good. I don't know how much it costs, but it seems to be a waste to just throw it away. I will throw it away if I have to, but I'd rather give it to a diabetic if it's legal to do so.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I have another question that's unrelated but I don't want to start another thread. Are all prescriptions controlled substances? My FIL recently passed and there's a bunch of insulin left that's still good. I don't know how much it costs, but it seems to be a waste to just throw it away. I will throw it away if I have to, but I'd rather give it to a diabetic if it's legal to do so.
    Prescriptions can be controlled substances, legend drugs, or a variety of other things. I have no idea about the legality of transferring insulin but you should probably talk to someone in the pharmacy industry. I would be surprised if it is legally transferable by a private party.

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie

Technically, yes, they are "controlled" insofar as you can't get it without a prescription, but not "Controlled" like, say, opiate pain killers.

And giving it to a diabetic is a bad idea. There are different types of insulin that have different mechanisms of controlling blood sugar, and not all diabetics can tolerate different types. The safest move is to have it disposed. You can take it to any local pharmacy, they'll get rid of it for free.

And my condolences on your FIL passing.

Best,

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Gram=sugar packet at a diner.

Say, what 10 of those in mint box? (I am guessing here). 10 grams X $20 a gram if decent stuff=$200

I never did weed. It stinks and it encourages people to take off their shoes (which they should be shining!), so it wasn't for me.

I don't use drugs . . . expect for beer . . . which is really liquid bread, right?:D

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Gram=sugar packet at a diner.

Say, what 10 of those in mint box? (I am guessing here). 10 grams X $20 a gram if decent stuff=$200

I never did weed. It stinks and it encourages people to take off their shoes (which they should be shining!), so it wasn't for me.

I don't use drugs . . . expect for beer . . . which is really liquid bread, right?:D

Dude you must be getting the good stuff. $20 a gram? Seriously that would have to be some high grade stuff.

I'm not to proud to admit I was a young and dumb teen at one time. An 1/8 of an ounce (usually weighed out to 5 grams 7 if you got the hook up) and realistically what would fit in a small Altoids tin, used to cost $20 or $25. So between $3.50 to $5.00 a gram for decent stuff. More obviously for better.

Top Bottom