• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    Say guy with a spotless driving record decided to take his new 5.0 mustang out on 70 by the airport and see what it would do. And let's say this guy gets clocked around 145mph. What happens to said guy and his car? Worst case scenario and best possible scenario.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Say guy with a spotless driving record decided to take his new 5.0 mustang out on 70 by the airport and see what it would do. And let's say this guy gets clocked around 145mph. What happens to said guy and his car? Worst case scenario and best possible scenario.

I wanna see this 5.0 first. It had better not be one of the new ones either.

Second, I'm thinking they're gonna milk that stop for all it's worth and you'll, I mean HE, will be doing a lot of :spend:.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Wreckless driving, failure to signal, speeding, major infraction.

I'm thinking they will take the license and impound the car until your court date. Might even make sure you have a ride there.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    Tow it, make it a LONG COLD STOP, Speed contest, recless driving, exceeding posted limt, unsafe excelleration, and ON and ON. Then you will see him again in court.....

I am not leo, but guessing***,,heck cops have written cops at 30 over....

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    By the way you're asking, you must still have the car. So either they didn't impound it or you, I mean "the guy" hasn't done it yet. Or you're, I mean "the guy", is concerned the car may be impounded later.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    I wanna see this 5.0 first. It had better not be one of the new ones either.

Second, I'm thinking they're gonna milk that stop for all it's worth and you'll, I mean HE, will be doing a lot of :spend:.

It might be a black 2011 with 455 miles 6 speed and the Brembo package. It might not be either. I don't want to tip them off.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Son-in-law's new 'Vette.

South-bound between Lapel exit and the two new overpasses on I69 there's a nice, straight, long, low spot, shielded from most radar, where we went from 80 to 155 in less than a mile, passing 4 semis in the process. The only reaction we got was a lone*long semi-horn blown at us. Quite a rush. We just had the right set-up present itself, and went for it. Not exactly your scenario, but it WAS fun!!! "CAUTION: objects in your rear-view mirror are a lot further off than they look!"

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It might be a black 2011 with 455 miles 6 speed and the Brembo package. It might not be either. I don't want to tip them off.

*sigh* A new one. I knew it. Not even worth turning the head.

However, when this "guy" takes his "car" out, perhaps he'll give me a head's up so I can [STRIKE]get the ensuing hilarity on video for the rest of INGO[/STRIKE] see the car anyway.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem

However, when this "guy" takes his "car" out, perhaps he'll give me a head's up so I can [STRIKE]get the ensuing hilarity on video for the rest of INGO[/STRIKE] see the car anyway.

Oh they don't look that bad.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I got clocked doing 109 in a 55 on I80 east bound by the Illinois state police airplane. 5 squad cars were waiting for me and peeled off the shoulder to pull me over. After the 1st 5 min 4 drove off. 20 min later I was back on the road. 2 months later in court I was hit with a $1000 fine and 2 years supervision.

Moral of the story..... It's always officer discretion.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    A reminder that most tires are not rated, above specific speeds. The best alternative is to dyno test it or find a track or drag strip would be best.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    455 miles? The engine's not even broken in yet and you're going to wind it out? Enjoy paying for that rebuild, assuming you don't kill someone in the process.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011

Oh come on, it could be worse.... I mean it could be one of those Fox Bodies. :whistle::stickpoke: :D

Since OP won't show his I'll show you mine. :D

picture.php

picture.php

nkdninjafrog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Muncie
    he's right about the breaking it in. parents bought a 2012 challenger (v6 though :'( ) it even says in the book that you wont get the full power until a certain mileage number is hit. they program the chips to help people not break expensive engine parts.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Depends on how much said Mustang driver shows his ass. I can't speak for anyone else but if I clocked said Mustang at 145 and the driver slowed down and pulled over when he knew he was caught and told the truth about what he was doing I would probably give him a ticket for speeding but I wouldn't write it for the full 145. If no one was around to see the Mustang doing 145 or no one calls in a reckless vehicle I wouldn't be opposed to giving a stern warning, but I can't say for sure until it happens.

If the driver gives me any kind of attitude he would probably be physically arrested for reckless driving with the car impounded. I would think though that someone driving a car like that would know not to run his mouth to the police.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Oh come on, it could be worse.... I mean it could be one of those Fox Bodies. :whistle::stickpoke: :D

Since OP won't show his I'll show you mine. :D

picture.php

picture.php

That is a pretty car in a pink garage.

To answer the OP

absolute worst case scenario is wreckless driving (jail) , speed contest (jail) hold your ride for a forfeiture hearing (no longer your car anymore) as it was used in commission of a crime.

Keep in mind the area you are talking about is heavily patrolled by Airport PD that mostly do traffic enforcement. They even have folks in the tower that call in speeders to APD. I got a speeding ticket in a TUG...yes the thing that pulls baggage as i was spotted speeding from the tower.

Best case scenario is the cop pulls you over and presents you with a honey baked ham then introduces you to his attractive and morally bankrupt sister.

Rbadger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Auburn, IN
    I would simply save the money and rent some track time. It will save you a ton of money, you won't lose your driving priveleges, you won't lose your car to the impound and if you do end up sideways into the wall there are paramedics on scene if the track is doing an "open pass" type event. Another thing to keep in mind is if they bump any of the charges up to a felony you just lost your gun rights FOR LIFE!

Top Bottom