• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Depends on how much said Mustang driver shows his ass. I can't speak for anyone else but if I clocked said Mustang at 145 and the driver slowed down and pulled over when he knew he was caught and told the truth about what he was doing I would probably give him a ticket for speeding but I wouldn't write it for the full 145. If no one was around to see the Mustang doing 145 or no one calls in a reckless vehicle I wouldn't be opposed to giving a stern warning, but I can't say for sure until it happens.

If the driver gives me any kind of attitude he would probably be physically arrested for reckless driving with the car impounded. I would think though that someone driving a car like that would know not to run his mouth to the police.
    what if driver got mouthy but offered you cookies?! :dunno:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I did something like this out west between terre haute and brazil, I got my SRT-4 to around 145 (last I looked at the speedo, it went to 160!) of course, I was a lot younger and dumber. My thought is if your old enough to ask about the consequences, your smart enough to know better, I wouldn't do it, not there anyway! Way to many random state police cars for that kind of speeding...

half-glocked

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    what if driver got mouthy but offered you cookies?! :dunno:

I would think it would depend on the cookie. If it was one of those evil raisin cookies impersonating fine, upstanding chocolate chip cookies, I'd throw the book at you.

Any other kind of cookie, and this whole thing *never* happened.

:whistle:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I would think it would depend on the cookie. If it was one of those evil raisin cookies impersonating fine, upstanding chocolate chip cookies, I'd throw the book at you.

Any other kind of cookie, and this whole thing *never* happened.

:whistle:

I wonder if that works with DOT? I'm gonna have to start carrying chips ahoy with me:laugh:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Well I'm looking into Putnam park I think is the name of the place. It's a road course out by Greencastle.

It's really pricey. I have a friend that inquired there, if you can get a
    Decent size group it wouldn't be so bad, let me know when your going, I love going to watch people run.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    Let me tell you a story about a guy and his Camaro. This guy had a Camaro and he loved speed. 93 z/28 with LT4 longblock and custom cam and a six speed, full hooker longtubes out to a Borla catback. And nitrous. Took to the track and couldn't get better than 12.16 1/4 mile on street tires. This guy loved speed so much he couldn't get enough of it. One day this young strapping man decided on the interstate that he was gonna race some kid in his rice burner to show him up. After he beat the the kid several horribly hilarious times, his buddy in a Impreza STI wanted to race too. After beating him twice he decided to not let off the throttle to see how fast he could go. Speedometer topped 150 and kept going. Then this very young guy saw two side by side semi trucks up ahead a ways. He decided to slow down, but it wasn't fast enough. He pressed the brakes harder and they locked up spinning him out of control. He hit the back of the semi on the right sideways and cockeyed. The young kid ruined his car he had worked so hard for, but was able to drive it home, thanking the angels above to be alive. That young man learned a lesson that day. Don't play on the interstate! I don't know what happened to that guy.......

That said run it at the track after 1000 miles, see what you can get out of it!

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    That is a pretty car in a pink garage.

To answer the OP

absolute worst case scenario is wreckless driving (jail) , speed contest (jail) hold your ride for a forfeiture hearing (no longer your car anymore) as it was used in commission of a crime.

Keep in mind the area you are talking about is heavily patrolled by Airport PD that mostly do traffic enforcement. They even have folks in the tower that call in speeders to APD. I got a speeding ticket in a TUG...yes the thing that pulls baggage as i was spotted speeding from the tower.

Best case scenario is the cop pulls you over and presents you with a honey baked ham then introduces you to his attractive and morally bankrupt sister.

What part of the forfeiture statute allows seizure of a vehicle used to commit a generic class B misd?

Thanks,

Joe

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    so much for law-abiding citizens. lol

Try to do it when no one else is on the road so that if you blow a tire and/or lose control, you only kill yourself.

Desdinova

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    Austin
    *sigh* A new one. I knew it. Not even worth turning the head.

However, when this "guy" takes his "car" out, perhaps he'll give me a head's up so I can [STRIKE]get the ensuing hilarity on video for the rest of INGO[/STRIKE] see the car anyway.

And there's always the option of selling the footage to "World's Craziest Police Chases" or another what-was-that-guy-thinking show.

Top Bottom