• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    CDNN Sports online has used police trade in G19 mags, high caps for 11.99. I was wondering if anyone has ever purchased them and if it is a good deal. Were the springs weak etc?

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Well this thread is a couple of weeks old but I will respond just to let you know, our department turned in all of our magazines because we have lights on our guns. Apparently, the lights throw off something and cause failures(ie FTEs and FTFs). I'm sure they perform well if you don't have a light on your gun, but I saw first hand that most people had problems when they had a light on. The new mags they gave us resulted in zero problems this go around.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Well this thread is a couple of weeks old but I will respond just to let you know, our department turned in all of our magazines because we have lights on our guns. Apparently, the lights throw off something and cause failures(ie FTEs and FTFs). I'm sure they perform well if you don't have a light on your gun, but I saw first hand that most people had problems when they had a light on. The new mags they gave us resulted in zero problems this go around.

It's because the mags you traded in had 10 coil springs and to run lights you need 11 coil.

That, however, is good enough information to let me know I don't want to buy the CDNN used mags. I can get springs for $5, but CDNN sells new mags for $16.99 (except shipping is $10 :n00b:) .

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana

Just an FYI, I've heard that some of the FTF and FTE's are caused by the lights being installed too tightly on the frame, to the point the it was squeezing on the slide and causing it to drag just a bit, hence the FTE and FTF.

I don't have any personal experience with that failure mode, so just relaying what I have heard. My G19 with light (Have used both TLR1 and TLR3 on it) hasn't had the problem.

Also, would be interested in the trade in mags for some good range mags.

funkeecowboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    Marion County
    Not to hijack the thread but - Can anyone purchase through CDNN or just dealers? I glanced at the catalog online but some of the verbage at the end make me wonder.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    It's because the mags you traded in had 10 coil springs and to run lights you need 11 coil.

That, however, is good enough information to let me know I don't want to buy the CDNN used mags. I can get springs for $5, but CDNN sells new mags for $16.99 (except shipping is $10 :n00b:) .
    You can buy the Asian mags for $5.99. I'd rather have those than the trade in's. I use them for range mags, but in hundreds of rounds fired, I haven't had an FTF, that includes a pair of the 31 rounds for the g17. While I'd use my factory mags for SD first, if all I had were the asians, I wouldn't worry about them.

Not to hijack the thread but - Can anyone purchase through CDNN or just dealers? I glanced at the catalog online but some of the verbage at the end make me wonder.

You need to be a dealer for the discounts. Otherwise you pay the sticker price in the catalog.

builder_one

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I've bought many LEO marked G22 mags from CDNN in the past, all appeared to be lightly used with no visual scars of any sort and functioned flawlessly but I have a gen 2 G23 and can't use a gun mounted light. At the time they were $10 each (I also find the LEO markings to be a pretty cool novelty).

Top Bottom