• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I've heard news that's a little disturbing. I don't know if it is old news to some but new for me. For some reason badguys are starting to put red tips on the ends of their guns to make it look like a fake gun. I can only assume that it it to lure a person or officer into a sense of comfort that it isn't a real gun. Just beware and be careful.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    I have heard of people taking the red tips OFF of fake guns to make them seem more real.....but now this is a twist...make them look fake!!

Sheesh...what will they do next :rolleyes:

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I've also heard of kids being shot for pointing red tipped guns at officers... so I don't think this will make much difference?:dunno:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    06luckybeantree.jpg

crab-shadow.jpg

What's the problem? Trees and crabs have had red tips on them for years and the people that deal with them for a living are in much more dangerous positions than LEOs. I'm sure there is a very innocent and simple explanation.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Pffft, I've painting my front sights red for decades now.

Must be budget time?

Next we'll be reading about converting Glocks to full auto or flashing headlights as a gang initiation.:laugh:

FW:FW:FW:FW:Full Auto Glock Flashing

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yeah, it's budget time again. Does every LE department get these goofy forwarded e-mails to bolster the bottom line? Who's at the bottom of this? Police union? Who?

"They're painting the tips red!!!" "ZOMG, give us money."

"Yeah, and so? The gun is now pointing at you, who cares what it looks like. And you are really going to see it in reduced, altered or failing light."

:laugh:

EDIT: holy crap is this one old. Not as old as the full auto Glocks or the headlights, but still long in the tooth

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Yeah, it's budget time again. Does every LE department get these goofy forwarded e-mails to bolster the bottom line? Who's at the bottom of this? Police union? Who?

"They're painting the tips red!!!" "ZOMG, give us money."

"Yeah, and so? The gun is now pointing at you, who cares what it looks like. And you are really going to see it in reduced, altered or failing light."

:laugh:

EDIT: holy crap is this one old. Not as old as the full auto Glocks or the headlights, but still long in the tooth

No we don't need any more money remember we are swimming in it. I have my tank now with twin fifties. I just thought that someone might try to make some reasonable sense out of this. I can understand why they take the red tips off but to put some on and lure a person into a false sense of security doesn't make sense.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I can understand why they take the red tips off but to put some on and lure a person into a false sense of security doesn't make sense.

Your detective sense is tingling.

You are certainly correct. This goofy rumor doesn't make any sense at all.

I don't know why these silly memes get started in law enforcement and the strange thing is is that they will not die. These rumors are even worse than the gun culture rumors, and that's saying something.:D

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I use to do the same thing with my model 19. It's great use for a red crayon and a ramped sight. The next one of the red barrel guns I see, I'll make sure I get a picture of it before it gets placed into evidence again.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The next one of the red barrel guns I see, I'll make sure I get a picture of it before it gets placed into evidence again.

That's funny.:laugh:

Yes, and take a picture of those full-auto Glocks and cars riddled with bullet holes after the "gangsters" flash their lights at them.:n00b:

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    No we don't need any more money remember we are swimming in it. I have my tank now with twin fifties. I just thought that someone might try to make some reasonable sense out of this. I can understand why they take the red tips off but to put some on and lure a person into a false sense of security doesn't make sense.
    Gun in the back still works just as well for a mugging, but when the LEOs zillion lumen light hits him, puts a moment of pause that it's not real and he can shoot first; would be my guess in the reasoning. Not going to say it's accurate or not, just that there have been cases where we are without good officers because their good nature caused them to hesitate to act for those fractions of a second.

Top Bottom