• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yes Sir! The change was the addition of twenty years of service without retirement. Now I need five more posts before I can respond to your private message.

Get in a discussion about caliber or Glock v 1911 and you'll blow past that in no time.

DataGeek19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I know one of the most recent changes allows military to file for this now as well. Before they were just ignored.
    The only military fee exemption for the Indiana “Larry” is if the applicant served as military police. However there are a couple of bills introduced this session eliminating fees for all.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    The only military fee exemption for the Indiana “Larry” is if the applicant served as military police. However there are a couple of bills introduced this session eliminating fees for all.

Sorry, I might have worded that clumsy. Only recently have military police fallen under the LEOSA Act. Previously they were just treated as everyone else. I know I might have gotten part of my fee for my carry permit waived being retired military police, but I didn't want to read through all the legalese and just paid the "extra" amount. It would have saved some money, but even 125 for a lifetime permit is VERY reasonable. I've seen states charging that for a 4 year permit.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Thank you. I am sure I can get qualified. Just wasn't sure which standard it was to, or even whom I needed to see. And most of the literature always refers to going back to your last place, but mine being Germany, not sure how that would go. Well, technically it was Rock Island, but only there as the Community Based Warrior Transition Unit. Thanks.

I'm a Lead Firearms Instructor with DOJ and DOJ Lawyers informed us (and from what I read in LEOSA) if your agency you retired from does not offer the service you fall within your state of residence requirement. Indiana is the same course for both active that it is for retired LEOs. Which is annually but Jason at Panther Arms offers at least 2 dates a year. One in October and one in May.

Also check with Top Guns in Terre Haute. There is an Indiana Conservation Officer that offers retired LEOS LEOSA qual as well but it's sporadic. They can tell you more at the store. (Best to drip by but if you call ask for Alex, Don or Steve though)

Good luck

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I'm a Lead Firearms Instructor with DOJ and DOJ Lawyers informed us (and from what I read in LEOSA) if your agency you retired from does not offer the service you fall within your state of residence requirement. Indiana is the same course for both active that it is for retired LEOs. Which is annually but Jason at Panther Arms offers at least 2 dates a year. One in October and one in May.

Also check with Top Guns in Terre Haute. There is an Indiana Conservation Officer that offers retired LEOS LEOSA qual as well but it's sporadic. They can tell you more at the store. (Best to drip by but if you call ask for Alex, Don or Steve though)

Good luck

Thanks. I will try reaching out here shortly.

Top Bottom