• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Interesting law: Serve with an agency for 10 years, get to carry for the rest of your life.

Adds safety to "officers" but what about us normal folks? What, if any, restrictions to carry is there for these retired officers (schools, gov. buildings, etc...)? Maybe I am too lazy to look these up? :D

My biggest thing is: With departments cutting back big time, WHO and HOW (monetarily) are the former departments going to fund for every former officer to "train sufficiently" when they have huge training deficiencies in their regular staff? Seems like taxpayer paid "free rangetime" for retired LEOs? A FAR different thing than a retired LEO getting free range time from a local range, but bringing their own ammo.

Not saying bad or good, but I would like to know where the money for this training is coming from...

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Interesting law: Serve with an agency for 10 years, get to carry for the rest of your life.

Adds safety to "officers" but what about us normal folks? What, if any, restrictions to carry is there for these retired officers (schools, gov. buildings, etc...)? Maybe I am too lazy to look these up? :D

Indiana Law was for a Retired Officer to Lifetime Carry before the Federal Law

My biggest thing is: With departments cutting back big time, WHO and HOW (monetarily) are the former departments going to fund for every former officer to "train sufficiently" when they have huge training deficiencies in their regular staff? Seems like taxpayer paid "free range time" for retired LEOs? A FAR different thing than a retired LEO getting free range time from a local range, but bringing their own ammo.

Who said it was FREE ? Officer Pays or Provides Own Supplies

Not saying bad or good, but I would like to know where the money for this training is coming from...

What it does do is provide a photo ID that allows out of state carry for the Retired officer and Provides Uniformity and Clarification to existing Federal Law

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    You are so CORRECT - I'm even thinking about joining the UAW :rolleyes:

Just create a Special Rights Political Action Committee. You guys, and the homosexual community, and minorities, and everyone else who thinks their particular circumstances mean they should have more rights than other citizens.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I know there is one thing the law loves and that is something to copy.

I believe the LEOSA serves as a template for national comity of "CCW" licenses. If they do it for cops, they can do it for us.:)

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Just create a Special Rights Political Action Committee. You guys, and the homosexual community, and minorities, and everyone else who thinks their particular circumstances mean they should have more rights than other citizens.

Homosexual ? mmmmh maybe, one never knows. Maybe an habla, sex, color change. Keep supplying the ideas DRoss. Maybe a Green tint ala Martian to my skin color :D

Mental Health is a Tuff Thing to Lose :dunno:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I know there is one thing the law loves and that is something to copy.

I believe the LEOSA serves as a template for national comity of "CCW" licenses. If they do it for cops, they can do it for us.:)

Kirk -

Please do not add any Common Sense to the Blatant Carry Envy Displayed Here :dunno:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Dross, I understand your objection, but I believe that as politics is the art of the possible (even though that hurts me to type it). This is a good foundation.

Plus, I got nothing against cops carrying; I just want the same thing.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    national comity

NOW NOW! :D There you go using 'dem-dare barrister speak! :D

Also, Sarge, take a chill me amigo! Its not carry envy, actual questions I have as the site is blocked while I am at work! :)

I am not against the cops carrying, retired or not. That's not the point. The point is the LEVEL of training they will maintain when the current system of training is barely adequate, given the safety record (NDs, ADs, etc...) and horrifying shot placement statistics given in the past (low percentage of hits and high round count shootings of criminals).

BTW: Anyone who used to carry a wheelgun on duty has the American DUTY to open carry that! That is heritage and revolver fighting, not just defensive shooting, should be taught still to us young-uns! :rockwoot:

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    If I understand correctly, this simply clarifies certain aspects of the original law and makes enhancements somewhat?
    That being said, the original law does what dross says it does, creates a special class of citizen and perpetuates class envy and warfare. Seems like a great way to create an even greater rift in the us vs them mentality.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    NOW NOW! :D There you go using 'dem-dare barrister speak! :D

Also, Sarge, take a chill me amigo! Its not carry envy, actual questions I have as the site is blocked while I am at work! :)

I am not against the cops carrying, retired or not. That's not the point. The point is the LEVEL of training they will maintain when the current system of training is barely adequate, given the safety record (NDs, ADs, etc...) and horrifying shot placement statistics given in the past (low percentage of hits and high round count shootings of criminals).

BTW: Anyone who used to carry a wheel gun on duty has the American DUTY to open carry that! That is heritage and revolver fighting, not just defensive shooting, should be taught still to us young-uns! :rockwoot:

The Level of Training Required by the current Indiana Statute for Retired Officers is exactly the same as for you (or anyone else) with a Life Time CCW - Zero

The Federal Law requires Annual Certification

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The Level of Training Required by the current Indiana Statute for Retired Officers is exactly the same as for you (or anyone else) with a Life Time CCW - Zero

The Federal Law requires Annual Certification

Pretty much the same argument made for retired LEOs could apply to retired military, since most of us had to qualify annually; sometimes with several weapons. Get that class of people springboarded into a national carry law, and you might as well allow everyone else.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John22
    Top Bottom