• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    i came across a used les baer AR, very nice one, 24 inch stainless barrel, match grade rifle,..... anyway i had to buy it and when i got it home and took it apart i noticed that the rear of the buffer was broken,.... its plastic and the very rear was crumbleing, i dont know everything about AR's but i do know that there are different weights and lenght buffers, so i called les baer and they told me they are selling no AR parts only compleate guns,....i said really, what if this part was defective from the factory??? still they would not sell me any ar parts. they did tell me the length and weight they put in theres,.....why is this?????????? are they out of parts???? never heard of a gun maker not replaceing broken parts in guns they still manufucture.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    You sell a rifle that cost $X thousand dollars....
    you get a call from an owner who wants to replace a part with an OEM part
    And you tell them here's the specs, go buy it somewhere else......

Yup, exactly how you get customer loyalty!
    Guess How many LB's I own

kbailey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette
    Sorry about your experience. There are different buffers for different stock set ups. The carbine buffers are shorter than the rifle buffers. Carbine generally being used with an adjustable/sliding stock and rifle being used with a fixed/A2 style stock.

You can either fix the buffer by replacing the plastic piece or if you prefer here is a complete new rifle length buffer:

Rainier Arms™ | Browse | Other Lower Parts | Buffer: Rifle M16

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    LB is the hardest to deal with. If they suspect or believe anyone has touched one of their pieces past tear down and cleaning they refuse to work on it. This is first hand. Guess how many LB's I own now.

Great guns and all but really, not the end all.

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Bad customer service.....I refuse to deal with any company with bad customer service. There's so many other companies out there with great customer service that want to have your business.

Not only that.....you were asking if they would SELL you the part. They should have had no issue with that. I'd have been asking for it for free if it looked like it may have been a defect.

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    Bad customer service.....I refuse to deal with any company with bad customer service. There's so many other companies out there with great customer service that want to have your business.

Not only that.....you were asking if they would SELL you the part. They should have had no issue with that. I'd have been asking for it for free if it looked like it may have been a defect.
    agree alot of companies do replace parts for free, im not trying to give them a bad name but i was really expecting to be able to buy a heavy duty buffer and wider chargeing handle that sports the les baer name, really makes no sence, im not trying to give them a bad name though, maybe ill redo it with wilson parts....:)

Top Bottom