• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtcollardjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    South Bend Indiana
    First off a sheet of lexan is not a good target for shotguns. My uncle, cousin and myself went to the range to test my uncle's new S&W 40VE. Don't care for the trigger pull on it. We were using 3/8" thick 6"x9" sheets of lexan as targets. His .40 and my 9mm were going threw at 15yds no problem. We doubled up the sheets which stopped both rounds. We get back to the 50yd table to reload and my cousin grabs his 12 gauge and walks to the 40yd line. He shoots a 3" BB load at the lexan. He caught a BB in the lip some to his left arm and his stomach, I took a few in the back. We both got lucky, he got a bloody lip and some bruises and i ended up with some bruises on my back. A valuable lesson was learned. Please take my word on this lexan does not make a good target for shotguns!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    e4d93de16b66fd9d221fe8c8574c3643-sign-prohibits-doing-things-preceded-by-hey-yall-watch-this.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Never really thought about shooting at lexan before. Is this something new that all the kids are doing?

FCS-04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Bloomfield
    Motorcycle helmets will send pellets back your way too. And shooting it again to confirm it was indeed ricochet and not bees is something I'm not proud of..:nuts:.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    Motorcycle helmets will send pellets back your way too. And shooting it again to confirm it was indeed ricochet and not bees is something I'm not proud of..:nuts:.

I'm LMAO while typing this... Sounds like something I would have done in my younger days.

ductape

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    I have a son in law that's gonna learn the hard way one of these days. I've tried to warn him about his target choices. Not all calibers are created equal. What goes through one, bounces another back. I'll pass this info along. Thanks

Top Bottom