• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    There are too many unknowns about the "good samaritan" to make reasonable conclusions. We don't know his shooting background. We don't know what ammo he was using. One thing is for certain, he knows the basic fundamentals of marksmanship to make 80% hits at 40 yards! He had a cool head and situational awareness under extreme duress. I doubt that a short barreled revolver would have been manageable at that distance for even very experienced pistoleros. We'll just have to wait to see what Massad Ayoob has to say after he investigates.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm pretty sure Guy Relford stated that the law and punishment do NOT change based on what the sign says (in Indiana).
    Criminal Trespass out of the business only if you continue to stay after you are told to leave.
    Guy has stated here on INGO pretty much exactly what Kirk said. That a properly worded sign could constitute a denial of entry and lead to trespassing based simply on the sign. A simple no guns allowed or gun with a circle/slash wouldn't rise to that level.
    Why would IMPD be investigating it? It was in Johnson County/Greenwood, not Marion County/Indianapolis. :dunno:
    It's joint. IMPD is I believe investigating the two that were taken to a Marion county hospital, Greenwood the other two. Why? :dunno:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Sorry, BBI is IMPD so I was assuming IMPD crime lab.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    In slow fire my .357 will shoot groups 1/2 to 1/3 the size of either of my 9mm autos. So I’d have a better chance of making hits at 25+ yds with the wheelgun. But it 2x the size and 3x the weight, so now it only gets carried when I’m on the “farm” and am more worried about possible shots at small furry critters than concealment.

I’m not changing my EDC. I’ve shot USPSA matches with both the 9mm and the .357 and know I can get hits up to at least 15 yd with either.
    I carried a 2.5 inch 38 special for many years. It was pretty much a ground gun but I felt safe with it. A few years ago I gave up caring about deep concealment and switched to a Springfield armory 9mm with the back strap safety. The SA is much more accurate compared to the snubby.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I carried a 2.5 inch 38 special for many years. It was pretty much a ground gun but I felt safe with it. A few years ago I gave up caring about deep concealment and switched to a Springfield armory 9mm with the back strap safety. The SA is much more accurate compared to the snubby.
    If you are in a non-permissive environment, that's one thing. But out in the general public, people have their noses buried so far in their phones that a lot of them wouldn't notice open carry right away. I gave up worrying about deep concealment when I realized that people are mostly oblivious. I don't open carry, but am not worried if I print a little under a sweatshirt or anything.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Starting to look like the way I’m leaning, after my experience on Wed. Comparing full size 1911 and Glock 22. Def. want a 1911 if I’m going to change 40 yrs. of habit.

Just feel the need for a few more rounds, this one incident (GPM) has changed decades of thinking.

Springfield has a 1911 emp in 40 s&w, gonna go look at it Mon. or Tue. If it’s not to small I’ll probably bring it home. Hope my LGS has an extra mag. They only come with one.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    How does that make sense? I could see if Greenwood requesting assistance, but different victims in the same crime doesn't.
    Doesn't make sense to me either. But from what I read, each dept is handling two depending on which hospital they went to.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    He was generally talking about people who rotate through a selection of guns that all have different battery-of-arms, sight alignment, ergos, recoil, caliber, etc. on a daily or regular basis.
    "I have 10 different guns I carry on 10 different days." (Like Colion Noir says he does.)
    This implies "a lack of proficiency with ALL of them," versus "being VERY proficient with ONE of them."
    My two carry guns are both 1911's, both in .45, just different sizes. Ergos, feel and trigger feel are the same. Where they impact at short distances is imperceptible. Longer range requires a little more thought, but before now I've not considered that a real issue.

Top Bottom