• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    it's so easy, i decided to take a few photos to show how easily a G17 and gov. model 1911 can be concealed comfortably behind the hip IWB.:ingo:

G17 exposed, Don Hume open top leather holster

G17 concealed

1911 exposed, Galco thumb release leather holster

1911 concealed

concealed, white shirt

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Any gun can be concealed, but the problem lies with doing any sort of work, as mentioned above. There are two types of people who concealed carry: 1. Those who cover up, but only because they don't want to draw attention; however, they can really care less if anyone knows they have a gun, and 2) Those who, for various reasons, don't want anyone to know they have a gun, period! For most, carrying a full-sized gun will only fit the first personality.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I'm 5'6" and 145lbs. That being said, I carry a Sig 226 and I fit into category 1 above. If I want to fit into category 2 I wear a cover shirt / coat.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Any gun can be concealed, but the problem lies with doing any sort of work, as mentioned above. There are two types of people who concealed carry: 1. Those who cover up, but only because they don't want to draw attention; however, they can really care less if anyone knows they have a gun, and 2) Those who, for various reasons, don't want anyone to know they have a gun, period! For most, carrying a full-sized gun will only fit the first personality.

I'm usually in category 1. If I don't want anyone to know I have one, I don't carry, because all I have right now is a full size. :(

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    You could also just OC. :D

Just sayin'. lulzomg

Just kidding. Most people rant and rave and think they need a pocket pistol. There are certain niches and situations where that is fine.

However, I would recommend buying a nice holster and GUN belt (not a bubba 10 dollar "leather" one from Wallyworldmart). People will spend 1200 on a fine 1911 and 20 dollars on an Uncle Mike kydex.

If I have to conceal or hybrid carry, I'll wear two shirts. One is a t-shirt and the other is a button up shirt. People are so oblivious to the world that I don't think anyone notices. Heck, people barely notice if you OC because they've all got their noses in their iPhones.

z56o2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Indy, Eagle Creek area
    People are so oblivious to the world that I don't think anyone notices. Heck, people barely notice if you OC because they've all got their noses in their
    iPhones.

+1 agree, This is so true. I'm in whichever category uses an IWB to more or less conceal a medium frame gun but I really couldn't care less if someone sees it. In my experience, nobody notices. I've never personally open carried but I hang out with people who do and it always amazes how few people even notice. Being super concealed isn't a major concern of mine. There are precious few situations where I'd even worry about people seeing it anyway.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Purple?...Hmm...

I was serious.

Never heard of the HTC EVO or its capabilities.

Yeah... so you're just not up on tech stuff....

Hows the Apple Kool Aid tasting? iPhones... Mmmmm tastes like FoxConn Employee suicide.

:koolaid:

As to the OP, yeah I carry a Glock 22 IWB almost exclusively. Sometimes (rarely) I have the handle showing.

I don't really fit into either of the two stereo types above, I conceal because I don't necessarily want anyone to know I'm carrying but I'm not morbidly afraid of anyone finding out either. :dunno:

But for the record I'm a short stocky guy and I'd never be caught wearing a wifebeater as a shirt. I wear a under Tshirt and a polo or button down shirt 99% of the time.

Heck I even went to a long range shoot (All shooting done from prone position) while carrying that G22 IWB under my overshirt and got asked by several people why I wasn't carrying... :dunno: Couple people REALLY surprised when I lifted my shirt to reveal the G22 tucked inside.

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    You could also just OC. :D

People are so oblivious to the world that I don't think anyone notices. Heck, people barely notice if you OC because they've all got their noses in their iPhones.

Several times I have just stopped in walmart with my shopping cart instead of getting out of the way, and just let the morons walk right into my cart!!

One idiot walked right into an end cap once. And no she wasn't a blonde either!

holtkampaj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    does anyone that carry's and doesn't conceal it very well, get alot of looks or stares? just asking? i have carried a few times but not always, i guess i don't always feel the need to, i know i know, the time i don't feel the need to will be the time i need to i hear ya i hear ya

Top Bottom