• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Why go to the expense of the radioactive dye. Why not just brand their foreheads? :rolleyes:

Even better, implant/burn scarlet letters on their chest, hands, back-of-neck, and forehead.

Then, every Halloween, we can round them up and burn them at the stake in an act of communal cleansing. If you are liberal, we could use the water test to verify they float prior to the cleansing fire.

(If you cannot see the purple, get to your psych right away.)

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Im still confused from when you said this the other day on INGO. How would having "open hunting seasons" on felons not make you a glowing felon yourself? After all, your committing a homicide...

Seems to me you really like the thought of having power over people. But moreover, your sense of forgiveness and redemption has left you. I think that is more alarming.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Im still confused from when you said this the other day on INGO. How would having "open hunting seasons" on felons not make you a glowing felon yourself? After all, your committing a homicide...

Seems to me you really like the thought of having power over people. But moreover, your sense of forgiveness and redemption has left you. I think that is more alarming.

DING DING DING DING!!!!!!!!

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.

You're taking this too seriously.

Several of my friends are ex felons and some are from the federal system.

But, for argument's sake, I assume you wouldn't shoot a burglar either? Taking a human life and all that?

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010

But, for argument's sake, I assume you wouldn't shoot a burglar either? Taking a human life and all that?

There is a difference between someone that has served their time, or someone that is committing a crime against you, and has the potential to hurt you...

If someone breaks into your house, they obviously have no respect for you or the law, so committing a violent crime (murder, battery, rape, etc.) is not out the window for them in some cases. That is where Castle Law comes into play. Protect you and yours!

You are now trying to take this from hunting someone that has paid their debt to society for the wrong they have committed, into someone that is in the act of committing a crime directly against you.

Big difference there bub!

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Well, to delve deeper, we were BS'ing about some career criminals like the infamous Tuttles, Briley's, etc that kept coming out and kept killing. The idea was to come up with a way to ID them. It was a BS session, and it popped into my head when again when I saw the vigilante attitude elsewhere here about an accused person.

There are some people out there that think nothing of robbing, raping, killing, etc, and they will not change. We house them for years and sometimes let them back out after paying their dues. They return to old habits.
    Just saying 'felons' does paint with a broad brush. Wife was watching 'Hard Time', I think, on TV the other night and after a few minutes I realized htere was a reason the program was on 'Animal Planet'.:):

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.

I could care less about being in power, and it was said in jest. I think I used the right ':D' things to show it.

Keep bashing though!:): That's what I'm here for. Gotta go to work now. I'll chak back in later.:)

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    So, you basically created this thread to troll everyone? Because anytime someone agrees with you, you back them up. But anytime someone disagrees with you, you say you're just joking and everyone is taking you too seriously.

cybergedeon_dont_feed_trolls.png

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    This whole thing was started in the thread about the moron who hung a threatening sign (bright idea, right) on the front of his house because the guy across the street was charged with child molesting. That thread was silly, this spin off thread blows the original out of the water with its silliness.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    So...No Rehabilitation, No Forgiveness, Ever, One strike and you're out.

Sorry, not the world I want.
    I think he is talking about that as a crime deterrent. Similar things seem to work very well in other countries.

For example, in HS we had an exchange student from a country in Europe (can't recall which one anymore). He said the thing he misses most is drinking. In his country you can start drinking at 16 and can't get your license to drive until 18. He said we have it all backwards. I asked him if they ever have problems with drunk driving. He said it's almost unheard of because if you get caught driving drunk you lose your license for the rest of your life.

Harsh? Absolutely
    Did it work? According to him it did because drunk driving was almost unheard of in his home country...

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011

So your when several of your felon friends are over for poker night at your house does it kind of resemble this glow at the window front?

images

In your fantasy world, would you disown your friends? Or would you be cool with walking around a glowstick all day? After all, you wouldn't want to be associated with someone that could turn you into collateral damage by some glowstick vigilante.

images

Last edited:

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I think in summary, we can collect the following data:

The OP wants as much attention as possible. That is all. I think in other threads, we called it an attention whore..

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    I summed up a longish BS session with some buddies in a short paragraph and really freaked some members out in another thread.

"As for convicted felons. I've always felt that if they were going to be released, they should be injected with something 'day-glo' so you could spot them from a mile away. Color coded to fit the crime.Murderers-Red, Rapists-Pink, you get the idea. At night, they'd glow like a halogen lamp and be easy to spot and avoid.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to have open hunting seasons on certain colors either. Just call in the shoot so somebody could pick up the body before it starts to smell.
    That kind of law would be a real deterrent, imho."

Go for it. I'll try to elaborate here and then, now and then.:): I recollect it started after a 3 time loser had done his time and been released again and killed and or raped again shortly after the third time he had been rehabilitated.:xmad: My memory isn't very good though. I did underline a key word though.

This had nothing to do with vigilantism of suspected perps. I think we evolved to as a way to 'complete' their sentence. Do keep in mind this is all fantasyland BS'ing, but let's hear some input.

BTW, here in Va, the powers that be have decided that some felons are too worthless to release after they've done their time, so they built a new facility with moderate security to house them after their release. It's in Nottoway Co. and I believe it's only for 'rehabilitated' pediphiles at this time.

Looks like someone forgot to take there meds today. :n00b:

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    So your when several of your felon friends are over for poker night at your house does it kind of resemble this glow at the window front?

In your fantasy world, would you disown your friends? Or would you be cool with walking around a glowstick all day? After all, you wouldn't want to be associated with someone that could turn you into collateral damage by some glowstick vigilante.

Well, if it was real, and there was an open season, it would be backed by Goverment and nothing illegal about it.

But, I'll admit somebody here was right. If they do their time, they're free and clear. I won't shoot the next burglar, I'll nab him, press charges and have him sent to jail where he'll learn his lesson and never do it again.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Not trolling Ditto, just bored. I'll say ten Hail Mary's and be forgiven.

I mistaken thought the Break Room was for the silly stuff. I apologize and will try to stay out of this area.:) The bashing was good though!:):

Last edited:
    Top Bottom