• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Ok, I’m not sure what you’re getting at here but I’ll try to understand.
    I have my opinions, many of them not real popular here, but I know when I read some thing and it resonates with me. I couldn't or wouldn’t write it out but when someone did and I agree with it, I’m letting them tell me what to think?
    Actually, what you quoted is not at all a summary of the other thread, it’s all mine. Do you have any ideas to “steer society to the center” vs a more tumultuous albeit quicker path?

Well, exposing the bull crap for what it is is where I've started but it's exhausting with this one.

Recently she reposted a thread that showed some pictures of what appeared to be officers arresting three men and the claim that they were members of the KKK posing as law enforcement with the intent to terrorize citizens of a suburb of Richmond (didn't say exact which Richmond). One of the pictures was a professional profile of a person that had a vague resemblance to one of the individuals being arrested claiming it was the same person (otherwise known as doxing, I believe). I spent 20 minutes trying to locate a news article on the event and came up with nothing, and I consider my Google-Fu better than average. So I called her out on it and this verbatim is what I got in response: "there may not be a news report. The men getting arrested were identified by the people who watched the video. You can see In these pictures below that they are wearing fake badges and have zip ties. The guy was reversed searched and we found his Facebook and he’s in a white supremacy group that’s linked with nazis, kkk, and other nationalist clubs." I just disengaged at that point.

The OG and I have talked a lot about the how the DIL (and others in her generation) views and copes with the world. I am of the opinion that when I was 19 (some 38 years ago) that citizens were delivered the news of the day and it was up to us to dissect it and form our own opinions of it. Nowadays all the news appears to me as mob mentality and the opinions have already been formed for the citizens; it is the citizen's responsibility to join the mob and reinforce it. So, this is what we are trying to understand - what circumstances in her short life has molded this pattern of behavior in her? Why doesn't she have the skill to look at some of the stuff she reposts on social media and realize the point trying to be made cannot be substantiated on its own? And that with some research it can be debunked when the statements are peeled back and exposed as a fabrication in an effort to drive a specific agenda.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    2. SCOTUS could overturn the prayer in schools cases. The first known case I could find on this is a case called Engel vs Vitale. Its a case is New York where the court first said having prayer associated with public schools is a violation of the establishment clause of the 1st Amendment. The dissenting opinion though stated the founders only meant there shouldn't be an official state religion like, for example, the Church of England. Anyway, the effect of this would be that kids that might not otherwise be exposed to Christian moral values, then would be exposed to them in public schools and that would have obvious positive effects as they became adults.

All well and good until until the last sentence. But what about Jewish, Muslim, Satanic, etc prayers and being exposed to those moral values? Those going to be allowed also?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If you want to know what I propose as a solution to start dealing with these extremist, and not illegal kind of recommendation. I'll lay it out for you.

Here's what not tolerating them entails:
    1.) If you notice one working for a specific store, find the manager, and make 100% clear you will not do business with a company that wishes to employ political extremist.
    2.) If you catch your son or daughter dating someone like this, put the hammer down full stop on both of them and make sure you make it clear that your son or daughter is no longer welcome in your household if they continue to see this person.
    3.) If you work in a service industry or own your own business, refuse them business, don't even talk to them. If they threaten to sue, say you fear for your life and welfare if they would happen to data mine/dox you because you know they're an extremist.
    4.) If you have one of these people for a co-worker, start looking for another place to work, and make it clear to your employer that you will not have anything to do with them if they wish to hire political extremists.
    5.) If the school your son or daughter attends has people like this in it, seek resolution to get them removed from the school, if they refuse to get rid of that person, pull your kid out and go somewhere else.
    6.) if you have family that harbors these kind of views, make it clear they are cut off from you entirely until they wish to come back to their senses.
    7.) And finally, have a spine, do not make exceptions and do not back down on this. Make sure you encourage the same from your friends, family and neighbors.

The right managed to grow a pair during the satanic panic era and had no problem doing these things back then. It's time for people to realize the same measures must be taken against this threat, because this threat is far more malicious than that ever dreamed of.
    If you think this is extreme or going too far, you're either in denial about how bad this situation is, or you've become desensitized and apathetic to the situation. It is absolutely what it calls for if you wish to return to having civil discourse in this country again. Extremist must be taught they will be given no harbor to disrupt our political process anymore.

If they're just ignorantly following these extreme groups around, like BLM and antifa, and don't really understand it, they will walk away when they realize what doing that entails. If the mob wants to be treated as individuals, then they need to disavow and step away from the mob first.

Last edited:

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    If you want to know what I propose as a solution to start dealing with these extremist, and not illegal kind of recommendation. I'll lay it out for you.

Here's what not tolerating them entails:
    1.) If you notice one working for a specific store, find the manager, and make 100% clear you will not do business with a company that wishes to employ political extremist.
    2.) If you catch your son or daughter dating someone like this, put the hammer down full stop on both of them and make sure you make it clear that your son or daughter is no longer welcome in your household if they continue to see this person.
    3.) If you work in a service industry or own your own business, refuse them business, don't even talk to them. If they threaten to sue, say you fear for your life and welfare if they would happen to data mine/dox you because you know they're an extremist.
    4.) If you have one of these people for a co-worker, start looking for another place to work, and make it clear to your employer that you will not have anything to do with them if they wish to hire political extremists.
    5.) If the school your son or daughter attends has people like this in it, seek resolution to get them removed from the school, if they refuse to get rid of that person, pull your kid out and go somewhere else.
    6.) if you have family that harbors these kind of views, make it clear they are cut off from you entirely until they wish to come back to their senses.
    7.) And finally, have a spine, do not make exceptions and do not back down on this. Make sure you encourage the same from your friends, family and neighbors.

The right managed to grow a pair during the satanic panic era and had no problem doing these things back then. It's time for people to realize the same measures must be taken against this threat, because this threat is far more malicious than that ever dreamed of.
    If you think this is extreme or going too far, you're either in denial about how bad this situation is, or you've become desensitized and apathetic to the situation. It is absolutely what it calls for if you wish to return to having civil discourse in this country again. Extremist must be taught they will be given no harbor to disrupt our political process anymore.

If they're just ignorantly following these extreme groups around, like BLM and antifa, and don't really understand it, they will walk away when they realize what doing that entails. If the mob wants to be treated as individuals, then they need to disavow and step away from the mob first.

I'm starting at home. I'm dealing with a person that is practically a family member and to "cut off... entirely... until they wish to come back to their senses" really isn't an option.

I do however believe they feel a need to have a cause so they are ignorantly embracing the extreme groups because they are the most vocal and have the most content online. That is where I think we are failing, the silent majority sits back quietly and lets the maniacs spout off their idealism. And yes, I think it's gone far enough and needs to be quashed.

Top Bottom