• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Hmmm I watched it on Fox 59 WXIN. Is there a certain radius from Indy that gets coverage and everyone else is SOOL?
    I hate the whole NFL network thing anyway.

Apparently there is...

Yes, I hate what the NFL/NFL network is doing also.

I saw the game, but it's BS that it kept some from seeing it...Just like ESPN taking over MNF.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Sadly I didn't get to see much of the game. Got to work and there was only a few mins left. With just under 3 mins left they shut off the tv and made us get to work ugh!! I love seeing the Colts go undefeated like this, but sadly I think we are going to need a loss before the playoffs if we want to make any further than the first round. Remember last time they had this good of a season? Or hopefully I'm wrong and they stay on point through the playoffs as well.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Sadly I didn't get to see much of the game. Got to work and there was only a few mins left. With just under 3 mins left they shut off the tv and made us get to work ugh!! I love seeing the Colts go undefeated like this, but sadly I think we are going to need a loss before the playoffs if we want to make any further than the first round. Remember last time they had this good of a season? Or hopefully I'm wrong and they stay on point through the playoffs as well.

GO COLTS 14-0 WOOO HOOOO :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

As far as a lose going into the playoffs, as much as I like Dungy as a coach, I think Caldwell won't make the same mistake "resting" the starters as much as Dungy did. The more important thing is to going into the playoff's is being sharp and and a run. The COLTS are on a run WOOO HOOO.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Has anyone else ever seen a field goal attempt that was returnable? To be quite honest I only watch Colts games and maybe 1 or 2 others but ive never seen that before. Nothing against the Jaguars kicker as it was a really long kick but I thought it was interesting.

But anyways, that was an amazing game. :rockwoot:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Has anyone else ever seen a field goal attempt that was returnable? To be quite honest I only watch Colts games and maybe 1 or 2 others but ive never seen that before. Nothing against the Jaguars kicker as it was a really long kick but I thought it was interesting.

But anyways, that was an amazing game. :rockwoot:

Funny you mention that...The first time I ever saw a live football game I saw this. Colts vs. Jets, Jets were undefeated and the Colts were defeated. IIRC, it was Petyon's first ever win.

Anyway, the Jets tried for a ridiculously long FGA at the end of the first half, the Jets just started walking off of the field and the Colt's guy(can't remember who) took it out of the endzone and returned it for a TD.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    It's been said in so many ways, but I just have to add my two cents.

The Colts are the best team in football today. I really hope the Saints stay undefeated and then match up with the Colts in the SuperBowl.

Two Dream Teams in the big game.... THAT"S entertainment.:rockwoot:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    It's been said in so many ways, but I just have to add my two cents.

The Colts are the best team in football today. I really hope the Saints stay undefeated and then match up with the Colts in the SuperBowl.

Two Dream Teams in the big game.... THAT"S entertainment.:rockwoot:
    That would be a great game. But the Colts would have to have a flawless game to beat the Saints I'd fear.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the Manning brothers square off in the big show. :yesway:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Funny you mention that...The first time I ever saw a live football game I saw this. Colts vs. Jets, Jets were undefeated and the Colts were defeated. IIRC, it was Petyon's first ever win.

Anyway, the Jets tried for a ridiculously long FGA at the end of the first half, the Jets just started walking off of the field and the Colt's guy(can't remember who) took it out of the endzone and returned it for a TD.

That field goal return is one of those obscure rules that doesn't get seen very much, but when it happens, it leaves everyone wondering, what just happened?

A miss is treated just like a block, and in the case of a long field goal, the miss stays in the field of play. So, it is a live ball returnable only by the defense. The kicking team can recover to prevent a defensive score/return, but cannot advance the ball or re-gain possession (i.e. you can't try and on-side field goal!)

Likewise, a PAT kick can be blocked or fielded and returned for a 2 point conversion. This also doesn't happen very often.

Funny story about that...

In college (division III foobtall) we blocked a PAT attempt, and the ball landed right in front of me at about the 2 yard line. Instinct took over and I picked up the ball and started running. I thought either I'd get caught or the play would be blown dead. Instead I ran 98 yards for 2 stinking points! The official score keeper actually put 6 on the board at first, since he wasn't sure the official way to score it.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    How do you go on ir when you don't even play?

I was wondering the same thing.

Oh, and about beating a .500 team...it was a .500 team that always plays us tough, and it doesn't matter if we won by 1 or 100...a win is a win. Just like any landing you can walk away from is a good one.

Heck, I'd take a 1 point victory over, say the New England Patriots, even if the team was 0 - for the season!!!! ;)

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    That field goal return is one of those obscure rules that doesn't get seen very much, but when it happens, it leaves everyone wondering, what just happened?

A miss is treated just like a block, and in the case of a long field goal, the miss stays in the field of play. So, it is a live ball returnable only by the defense. The kicking team can recover to prevent a defensive score/return, but cannot advance the ball or re-gain possession (i.e. you can't try and on-side field goal!)

Likewise, a PAT kick can be blocked or fielded and returned for a 2 point conversion. This also doesn't happen very often.

Funny story about that...

In college (division III foobtall) we blocked a PAT attempt, and the ball landed right in front of me at about the 2 yard line. Instinct took over and I picked up the ball and started running. I thought either I'd get caught or the play would be blown dead. Instead I ran 98 yards for 2 stinking points! The official score keeper actually put 6 on the board at first, since he wasn't sure the official way to score it.

Only in college, not the NFL.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I did not know that...learn something new every day I guess! Thanks!:yesway:

Yeah, it's pretty stupid IMO, if the offense has a chance to score, the defense should too.

On a side note, I really hate the one foot in bounds rule in college...IIRC, don't you need two feet down in bounds in high school(I've always been a big boy and always played on the line, so anytime I touched the ball was from a fumble recovery or a rare interception, so I'm not positive)?

Top Bottom