• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Please use FACTS to argue against Obama. This is the kind of stuff that makes the opposition look silly. This is no better than gossip from a sewing circle.

This sentiment has been brought up a few times. Let's consider the points at issue:

.......& start to recognize his accomplishments!
    After all, it is an impressive list..........

First President
    to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner. I am not aware of this being clearly established.

First President
    to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in. No question that it happened, still speculation as to why and how.

First President
    to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States This isn't open to debate. It definitely happened.

First President
    to violate the War Powers Act. . Seems to be open to interpretation.

First President
    to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico . Definitely happened.

First President
    to defy a Federal Judge's court order to cease implementing the Health Care Reform Law. Hard to sort out the peacemeal court battle running up to the Supreme Court.

First President
    to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party. No question about this.

First President
    to spend a trillion dollars on 'shovel-ready' jobs when there was no such thing as 'shovel-ready' jobs. Again, not open to question. It happened.

First President
    to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters. Once again, it clearly happened with no room for debate.

First President
    to by-pass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive fiat. . He has hardly hidden his open defiance of the law by executive fiat.

First President
    to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S. , including those with criminal convictions. As above.

First President
    to demand a company hand-over $20 billion to one of his political appointees. Again, it happened openly.

First President
    to terminate America 's ability to put a man in space.
    At minimum he has done nothing to mitigate this issue.
    First President
    to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present. I missed this one, but if the NY times admits it's true, I have no doubt that it is.

First President
    to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it. DOMA comes to mind. He has also selectively disregarded and refused to enforce immigration laws to the great detriment of US citizens whom he has a Constitutional obligation to protect.

First President
    to threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke-out on the reasons for their rate increases. The threat is recorded here on the official .gov website: Sebelius calls on health insurers to stop misinformation and unjustified rate increases

First President
    to tell a major manufacturing company in which state it is allowed to locate a factory. What? You forgot what happened when Boeing intended to shift operations to South Carolina?

First President
    to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN). I will focus on the fact that Obama is Constitutionally obligated to protect US citizens from enemies foreign and domestic, yet both refuses to do so and refuses to let the states do it themselves. The stupid SOB should be chained to a post on the border until he gets a thorough understanding of the problem.

First President
    to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago. Once again, read all about it on a .gov website: Obama Administration Skips Hearing to Explain Unprecedented Action Against Coal Mining that Costs Jobs, American Energy Production - House Committee on Natural Resources

First President
    to fire an inspector general of Ameri-corps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case. Here it is, from a left-leaning source: President Obama Fires Controversial Inspector General - ABC News

First President
    to appoint 45 czars to replace elected officials in his office. . He didn't invent 'czars' but has taken the concept to new lows, circumventing Senate confirmation for cabinet members. Not sure about elected posts being replaced, but it definitely serves to create a de facto shadow cabinet free of Senate confirmation.

First President
    to golf 73 separate times in his first two and a half years in office, 90 to date. He hardly makes any effort to hide the fact he spends more time golfing than working.

First President
    to hide his medical, educational and travel records.
    This, from the president promising us the most transparency in history.
    First President
    to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING to earn it. Again, this is available in plain sight.

First President
    to go on multiple global 'apology tour
    No question that this is absolutely correct.
    s'.

First President
    to go on 17 lavish vacations, including date nights and Wednesday evening White House parties for his friends; paid for by the taxpayer. Most hereditary monarchs of centuries past would have envied him--and this, on our dime while the economy is tanking and most of us are suffering for it.

First President
    to have 22 personal servants (taxpayer funded) for his wife. The best that apologist-in-chief Snopes can come up with is mitigating the unchallenged fact with the assertion that this is not uncommon compared with some First Ladies past. Even if they are absolutely correct, that doesn't make it right, especially in a time of budgetary crisis.

First President
    to keep a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000 a year at taxpayer expense. I can't find good information on the source of salary. The fact that none of the apologist truth-checking organizations will touch this one leads me to suspect it is likely.

First President
    to take a 17 day vacation. I haven't counted days, bur vacationing seems to be what he does best.

So, how is this "CHANGE" working out ?

NOT WORTH A DAMN!
    DON'T FORGET TO VOTE IN NOVEMBER !

:patriot::patriot::patriot:

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    What are you seeing in Romney,that I'm not? I wouldnt mind living in Canada though,if the grand kids were there too. Out in the middle of nowhere. Hunting is great.

Well for one thing you don't have free speach in Canada and lets not forget their health care system.....the US

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    What are you seeing in Romney,that I'm not? I wouldnt mind living in Canada though,if the grand kids were there too. Out in the middle of nowhere. Hunting is great.

You may like Alaska better. Middle of no where, great hunting, still US. And, you get paid just to live there.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    What again has Obama done right the last 3 1/2 years?

While it may not be right for us, he got elected. This is more than you can say for John "I vote left" McCain, and the soon to be giving his concession speech Mitt "I'm only Republican because the Democrats hate Mormons" Romney.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    While it may not be right for us, he got elected. This is more than you can say for John "I vote left" McCain, and the soon to be giving his concession speech Mitt "I'm only Republican because the Democrats hate Mormons" Romney.

So what you're saying is: Nothing.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Essentially. I just felt like being wordy and snarky about it.

You'll find I don't like many politicians, regardless of the letter that follows their names.

I think that anyone that wants to be a politician in these times is very likely mentally ill. Just look at them and the things they do and say. There is something wrong with most of them.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I think that anyone that wants to be a politician in these times is very likely mentally ill. Just look at them and the things they do and say. There is something wrong with most of them.

It's evident, to me in any case, that most are narcissistic megalomaniacs. The level of power attributed to federal governmental positions has far exceeded any original intent. This being the case, those who seek these seats are unquestionably those we least want in them.

Top Bottom