• ...and so much more!
  • Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I have a love for shotguns so I have a few. These are two I have set up for HD (although I have an AR ready to go as well). I have a long ranch style home with bedroom at one end and garage and a back door at the other end. I keep the Mossy close by the bedroom and old Wingmaster is staged at the other end by the garage. Right now both are loaded with Federal #1 flight control.

bnl5FUA.jpg

The Wingmaster started out as an 80's era beat up rusted clunker with a 30" barrel. I slapped on a 18.5" aftermarket barrel and after some TLC on the action and FDE Magpul furniture, it's become one of my favorite shotguns. The action is butter smooth. This pic is a little dated as it now also wears a six round side saddle.
    QjGA0Ur.jpg

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    O1lqzDd.jpg

870 Express Supermag. reg synth stock, mag tube dimples drilled out to accept ext mag (if I want).
    23" VR Remchoke bbl.
    Been top gun in Winamac dove field, blasted this 24# tom at 42 yards.
    Pop in the IC choketube and it sits in the corner of the bedroom.

Bought used, have 215 in it. Been a great little shotgun.

HOTSHOT357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2018
    Lafontaine
    I want to thank all of you for your input. Your replies got me looking into different defense ammo. I'm headed to ZX gun in Ft. Wayne tomorrow to get some Remington 0 & 00 buck, also some Federal ammo. This forum is "the place" to get answers!!!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!

D.R.SCOTT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Indiana
    20180829_144824.jpg
    Remington 870 Tac-14 12Ga
    +1 Wilson Combat Tube Extension
    Nordic Components Spring
    Vang Steel Follower
    XS-Big Dot Tritium Sight
    Volquartsen Exact Edge Machined Extractor
    Magpul Vertical grip + Fore-end
    Vang Dome style Oversized Safety Button
    Streamlight Flashlight set to strobe mode as default
    Daniel Defense Flashlight Mount
    Steel Backed Side Saddle
    Winchester Military 00 Buckshot, 2.75 Inch, 9 Pellets (Never failed me overseas)

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I have one similar to this (with a side saddle, light and a sling).
    img_0671.jpg

Mossberg 500 with tactical stock and pistol grip. I have another Mossberg 500 (and an extra slug barrel) so swapping out for other uses isn't a problem.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Scattergun Technologies "FBI Model". Only "upgrade" is the Mesa Tactical sidesaddles and new lights (revolution in flashlights since I bought them in , , , *cough, cough*)

I have 3 of them. 1 is a conversion from a ST "Border Patrol" model that I got in a trade. The other 2 are the first 870 I bought at 19 and a pawn shop rescue.

All 3 like Hornady Tap, but I use Federal #4 low recoil too as I still have a mountain of it.

20160224_203932_zpshvyvpsmw.jpg

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    For "home" use, I loved my (unfortunately issued and returned) 870 Wilson Combat 14" with SpeedFeed stock. It was great clearing houses. No that I'm shotgun-less, I'm feeling the need for one at home, to compliment my AR pistol. I'm thinking maybe a Shockwave, maybe 20g? :rockwoot:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Working from home today so I yanked the shotgun out from under the bed. It is sitting about 4 feet from me at the moment since I am logged in from my bedroom. Boring old Remington 870 magnum. This one must be old enough that it is not marked express, but new enough that it has the slotted lifter. It was a cream puff when I got it and needed TLC to get it running right. The barrel has been been ported by someone. Trial, error, and a few shotgun courses has created what you see before you. Volquartsen NonMIM extractor, heavy dog carrier spring, polished chamber, XS BigDot tritium sight, Wilson Combat +2 mag extension and follower, Speedfeed 13" youth stock, Ares Gear velcro shell holder, Streamlight PolyTac in an Elzetta ZSM mount, Mesa Tactical antidrift pins. Right now the gun carries 5 Federal Flight control 9 pellet reduced recoil 00 buckshot, I download the magazine by one shell to save the spring. I keep 5 more buckshot in the shell card. I have to remove the shell card and stick it to the shotlock in order to secure the gun. If I have time I can rip the shotcard from the safe and attach to the gun. I prefer shells brass up because there they are less likely to fall out, but brass down is faster to load the magazine.

edit: I should add this is not what I consider to be the best or definitive HD shotgun. It was my backup gun when I went to GunSite. Basically it is the combination of a gun store pickup with leftover parts or parts that needed fixed strapped to it, but it does check all the boxes. 1) shortened stock 2) HiVis sight 3) light 4) extra ammo 5) ability to add sling

shot2.jpg
    shot1.jpg

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    My cheap Maverick 88 HD shotgun. It's a 20" barrel with 7 rd mag tube. Bone stock except for a slimline side saddle and a green Hi-Viz sight attachment on the barrel behind the gold bead.

8WR9pFb.jpg

KbDvnmz.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom