• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i know there have been lots of posts but i would like to see ppls updated get home bags with winter here and what not. to me a get home bag is a lot different than a bob. a bob being much bigger and made to sustain you much longer but i suppose it depends on what you do and how far from home you are so as to not start a argument show those if you like.

here is my get home bag/edc bad it weighs in with my 40 oz kleen kanteen and gsi cup not and some food it weighs in at around 5lbs give or take a pound. it could easily sustain me or allow me to sustain myself for a couple weeks if need be. and with out further bs'ing here is some pics of mine to start it off.

DSCN0833.jpg

DSCN0834.jpg

DSCN0835.jpg

DSCN0836.jpg

again i have a med kit and water bottle and cup also. though i am waiting to meet up with redneck and get another trauma kit put together in the bag

OH and ps the little one isn't part of my kit but believes she needs to be center of attention so she gets in the photos

so lets see them folks

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    Looks good to me and cute kid. My little ones love go bags and my 6year old son made me make him a go pack. He keeps it in his drawer and takes it everywhere we go, kids love it.

econnell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Howard Co IN
    I have something similar, but I included a small mirror; sutures size 4.0prolene, a couple of chloraprep throw aways, and benzodine...my luck i will get cut! Good set up!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    If I may offer a bit of constructive criticism: I see two knives and a multi-tool. In a way this seems redundant, perhaps you have a reason? I think personally I would select the "best" knife and the multi-tool. Some folks might just choose the multi. Anyway, I'd get rid of one of those pieces of gear and replace it with some non-perishable foods. Trail mix, granola bar, nuts are good sources of energy that are, IMO, essential. All of the tools you have aren't any good if you don't have the health and energy to use them. I am not advocating adding a 6 day food supply to your fanny pack, just saying that some basic, small amount of food may be a very wise addition.

YMMV.

Good luck,
    Josh

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I agree about adding a little food.A few survival bars weigh next to nothing and could give you the energy you would need.The other thing I see missing is a good pair of socks.They take up almost no room,put other items in them if you are really short on room.I see the poncho,but what about your feet?Walk for a couple days in wet socks and your feet look like hamburger.Stay away from cotton and get a good wool blend.Cotton just holds moisture and offers little in the way of comfort or warmth.Wool even wet can really save your feet.Rotate them with the ones you where wearing and try to keep one pair dry.
    The other item I would add would be a compass.
    May as well post mine.It needs socks(added)and tp(added) lol.
    qso2lu.jpg

f4k4mg.jpg

2q2qxcp.jpg

2ivd9hk.jpg

o5rwhg.jpg

14wst2q.jpg

Need to put my poncho back in as well.Total weight with the pack and sleeping bag is 18 lbs.The shovel,pick,saw,and hammer tool 5-in-1 Multi Tool Shovel and More [8900040] - $34.99 : DRAGON IMPACT, Martial Art Equipment and Supplies

And yes that is a wind up radio with the emergency and weather band(K-mart $15) and a wind up Jeep led flashlight :)

Added a few more items.TP,Klenex and some Q-tips
    *another added item is my pill bottle tackle box. A couple hooks and a little line.If you see in the pic that spool of "rope" is actually 285lb catfish line as well,millions of uses and it will not rot for a VERY long time.

Last edited:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    thanks infidel i couldn't find that post and my search skills are weak lol.

thanks for the thoughts everyone. i always carry multiple knives cause i was Army Infantry for 6 years and we are notorious for using knives for everything they aren't intended to be used for and often break so i like the back up and they weigh almost nothing and the folders don't take up much room.

i do have 3 survival bars in the kit my little one was just busy taking stuff and playing with it as i was getting the rest out.

also there is 2 button compasses in the kit i guess my pictures just weren't that good. the thing attached to the surefire e1 is a survival whistle with a magna fine glass, compass, and thermometer. and my watch has one on the other side of the face for easy viewing for me

thanks econell i forgot my signal mirror wasn't in there i will get that out and put in

As far as the socks i could easily add a pair and will. and i am super clear on rucking with wet feet it sucks bad. my thought process was also in my truck i do always keep a pair of very nice gortex boots and smart wool socks but i suppose if something were to happen to my truck i would be SOL and socks wouldn't take up much room so i will be adding those.

HIGHLIGHT IN PURPLE FOR SARCASM also soundslikejosh please refrain from calling this a fanny pack i am getting enough crap from the old lady about my man purse and what not lol you made it sound even worse there :) this is a very manly get home bag lol END PURPLE WRITING. since i coudln't figure it out that will have to work lol

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    dang you guys and your fancy purple lettering. and i already told her exactly that. lol i always tell her when you get stuck in the house after a snow storm or something else don't expect to eat my preps and what not and then she always says i am just messing with you blah.

Top Bottom