Let's talk about the South Carolina student/officer interaction.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sorry cm, I actually mostly agreed with your post. That was the only part I wanted to address.

Makes sense. In a perfect and understanding world your approach might have merit "But" both party's have to be rational.

It just seems that everyone has a short fuse these days.

That said, the girl was out of line simple as that. Rules were not adhered to. She was asked by more than 1 person to leave the room. She was disrupting the class.
    At what point does this become a serious issue.
    It is not relevant in today's world but that would fly maybe 20 seconds when I went to school.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Crazy I tell you! And is there actually any truth to the notion that single parent households produce worse kids than mom dad present homes. I can think of lots of criminal kids who live with both parents, and good kids with only one.
    Of course single parents CAN raise good kids. As well, two parents can raise rotten kids.
    That doesn't change the FACT that a kid is more likely to do well in school and be well behaved when raised by a mother AND father who care about AND discipline the child!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Crazy I tell you! And is there actually any truth to the notion that single parent households produce worse kids than mom dad present homes. I can think of lots of criminal kids who live with both parents, and good kids with only one.

I image data will support single parents having "worse" children. But I think much of that is the inability to instill familial morals.
    Answered your own question.
    But why would you say single parents are unable "to instill... morels"? I don't believe that's true.

Grease

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Dirty south
    Kept his cool. Removed the audience. Call her guardians. That would be a good start.

Oh cool, now you've just told the entire school that you are useless and ineffective as an SRO and your presence has no merit.

now when Bebe momma hit on up in tha school, she gon get all buckwylde talkin bout how raciss dat white cop be for pickin on her little angel who was just getting her life together, heading to college and gittin right with da lord. That is of course after she stops at her local NAACP chapter, gets a loud mouthed idiot lawyer like say...Benjamin krump and then proceeds to hold a new confrence on how raciss dis school board be and how she plans to sue them into next year thus removing even more funding from public schools AND remaining on her welfare ticket...bmw needs gas yo!

or....be a chicken **** sheriff and hang your token white guy out to dry for doing his job.....wonder where we've seen that before......

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh cool, now you've just told the entire school that you are useless and ineffective as an SRO and your presence has no merit.

now when Bebe momma hit on up in tha school, she gon get all buckwylde talkin bout how raciss dat white cop be for pickin on her little angel who was just getting her life together, heading to college and gittin right with da lord. That is of course after she stops at her local NAACP chapter, gets a loud mouthed idiot lawyer like say...Benjamin krump and then proceeds to hold a new confrence on how raciss dis school board be and how she plans to sue them into next year thus removing even more funding from public schools AND remaining on her welfare ticket...bmw needs gas yo!

or....be a chicken **** sheriff and hang your token white guy out to dry for doing his job.....wonder where we've seen that before......

Hey look, more "text talk," and for good measure a welfare reference!

rightwinger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    Mother Indiana
    This is a white cop placing his hands on a black kid. Of coarse this is going to be blown up and the race card will be played hard, did the cop use excessive force? That is not for us to decide but for the department and courts to determine. The only reason things like this are such a hot topic is because media is controlling this "cultural" war we are in. No reason this should be portrayed as a big deal because its not.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Seems restraint and removing her could have been a viable option. This was a female child. He easily could have removed her by force without going MMA on her. Instead he choose to deal with it poorly.. end result the school doesn't ever want him back on their property, the police department has fired him, and there is still a possibility of charges being filed if you believe the talking heads of mainstream media. Defend these actions if you choose, but to act as if there wasn't the possibility of a measured response that still resulted in her being removed from class and the officer in question not having made a poor choice that ended his career is ridiculous.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Two years later she sits in a college class and pulls out her cell phone to check an incoming text message. The lecture goes on. The class is not "disrupted." No one cares. See how that works?

I confess I've pulled out my phone in a boring meeting to check a text. But the meeting was not "disrupted," no one asked me to leave, and the police weren't called to remove me for phone handling.

The officer was put in a ridiculous position in the first place. Schools are about power and control and have some stupid rules that don't really matter.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Two years later she sits in a college class and pulls out her cell phone to check an incoming text message. The lecture goes on. The class is not "disrupted." No one cares. See how that works?

I confess I've pulled out my phone in a boring meeting to check a text. But the meeting was not "disrupted," no one asked me to leave, and the police weren't called to remove me for phone handling.

The officer was put in a ridiculous position in the first place. Schools are about power and control and have some stupid rules that don't really matter.

Clearly asking a child to put a phone away in class an pay attention is ridiculous.

Government school training good little sheep to obey is the only explanation for such fascism. :rolleyes:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Makes sense. In a perfect and understanding world your approach might have merit "But" both party's have to be rational.

It just seems that everyone has a short fuse these days.

That said, the girl was out of line simple as that. Rules were not adhered to. She was asked by more than 1 person to leave the room. She was disrupting the class.
    At what point does this become a serious issue.
    It is not relevant in today's world but that would fly maybe 20 seconds when I went to school.

What rules do police officers have to adhere to? Why is it so hard to say a police officer is wrong without having to explain why he was justified, when doing the same for everyone else is unacceptable and "It doesn't matter if..."? Saying a police officer is wrong doesn't make one a hater.

I will ask ask you the same as I asked another member. If that were one of your granddaughters, would you feel he same?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Clearly asking a child to put a phone away in class an pay attention is ridiculous.

Government school training good little sheep to obey is the only explanation for such fascism. :rolleyes:

I am sure the school has penalties outlined for every conceivable infraction. Police officers are in schools to assist with keeping the occupants safe. I don't understand how that was done here. The police officer was sent to be an enforcer, as they all knew his personality and practices. Who knows, maybe she was just afraid to go with him. Regardless, he went too far in my opinion.

Top Bottom