• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EODThree

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Brazil
    Hi Guys, I need some good work boots. I'm looking for waterproof, insulated, goodyear welt, with good "outdoor" traction. I'd like something made in the good old USA that doesn't cost as much as a new car.

Any of you guys have a brand you particularly like?

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I used to say Red Wing. My favorite pair of boots are Red Wings that I bought in 1990. Sadly, things have changed a lot at Red Wing. Most of their stock comes from overseas and they can not fit me in any of their boots now. I have narrow feet so it is a problem for me.

+1 to Danner. Excellent product, excellent service.

buckhunterbb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Kimmell
    Redwing, some still made in usa. I like supersole 2 but not sure about outdoors. Very comfortable on concrete,great traction on wet,oily conditions.Never tried Danners.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    The last boot Danner made that I cared for was the Grand Slam. They are still good, if you can find them.

I'll take Meindl Perfekt or Kenetrak Hardscrabble, depending on the terrain.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    I wear some from Halls. Think my last pair cost me $235. I wear them over my normal shoes alot. They are extemely comfortable, and very durable.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Being a deer hunter all I wear are LaCrosse Alpha Burleys. Uninsulated for early season and then insulated 2 sizes too big for cold weather. I then wear polypropolene sock liners and good wool socks. The two sizes bigger allows me to wiggle my toes. Too tight a boot allows your feet to get cold as air is the best insulator.

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    I'm fond of my Carolina's. Very waterproof and comfy. However the most comfortable boots I have are my Bates side zip tactical duty boots. Check out lapolicegear.com . They have a nice selection of boots and great prices.

Top Bottom