• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Mooresville
    So we are having Thanksgiving at our house this year , I am going to Fry a turkey for the first time. Obviously outside need tips , warnings, recommended seasonings , injections. What ever

My step dad is smoking one so we are going head to head

Kcustom45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Do it inside! :D

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002JM1ZMY/ochefcom-20"]Amazon.com: Masterbuilt 20010109 Butterball Professional Series Indoor Electric Turkey Fryer: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    get the oil to 350, 3 minutes per pound + 5 minutes is right on for the cooking time. Before you fill the pot with oil place the turkey and basket down in the pot, then fill it with water to cover the turkey, remove the turkey and basket and let it drain for a minute then mark the water level (outside the pot as best you can) and then dump the water and fill with oil. pat your bird dry and then start heating. This will help prevent using too little or too much oil and prevent the "boil over / flame up" when you lower the turkey in the pot. Also watch how fine the ingredients are chopped up in your injection juice, too thick or too big of pieces (like basil leaves) will clog the needle. I usually use my favorite rubs in either melted butter or olive oil. You can also take butter and your ingredients and kinda place them up under the skin over the breasts and pull that skin back tight. I tend to do that more when I smoke a bird than fry. I'm an egghead and I've got some pretty good techniques down for smoking but I have to be honest and say frying one is my preferred method and simplest.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom