• ...and so much more!
  • Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Unusual to see a politician put a definite answer on paper. Good on him.

But is he willing to hold the line or toe the line? Hopefully it is the former and not the latter. I am skeptical as he is a politician, hopefully not tainted by the dc swamp. We shall see.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I received what was probably the same letter regarding correspondence on HR 127.

"March 15, 2021

Dear Mr. Xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting my office regarding the H.R. 127, the Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act. I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.

I am an avid hunter, a National Rifle Association member, and stand infull support of the 2nd Amendment. In the Senate, I will oppose any efforts to restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners and will protect their ability to defend themselves and their families in life-threatening situations.

President Joe Biden has frequently called for “common-sense gun control,” but there is nothing common-sense about this concealed attempt at gun confiscation. President Biden should follow his own calls for unity and recognize that demonizing millions of law-abiding Americans for exercising their constitutional right to bear arms is not a step toward unifying the country. I come from Main Street, not Washington, D.C., so I am always interested in pursuing innovative solutions to complex problems, but when it comes to infringing on the rights guaranteed to us in the Second Amendment, you can always count on me to stand against gun-grabbing legislation.

H.R. 127 was introduced by Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee on January 4, 2021. While this bill has not yet passed the U.S. House of Representatives, it is undoubtedly an overreach by government on the 2nd Amendment. This bill unfortunately seems to treat all law-abiding gun owners as presumptive criminals, banning common types of ammunition as well as common equipment such as magazines for firearms. According to the bill, any shotgun shell over a .410 would be illegal as well as any ammunition over 0.50 caliber. Violation of these rules could result in a fine around $50,000 and imprisonment of 10 years. The most glaring issue at hand is the fact virtually every firearm owner possessing ammunition over the designated caliber would be in possession of contraband overnight. This bill would be enforced through the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and would have ATF register over 400 million firearms in three months. Unfortunately, ATF has shown itself to be an unreliable partner in defending Americans’ 2nd Amendment rights. The idea of ATF registering that volume of firearms in such a short period of time is astonishing to say the least. I will be sure to keep an eye on this bill. Should H.R. 127 come before the Senate, I will be adamantly opposed.

I am always interested in hearing input from gun owners and second amendment supporters in Indiana, so please keep in touch with me on this issue..."

I was slightly impressed by the last two paragraphs. First, he appears to at least have been briefed on just how unconstitutional and brazen HR 127 is. Second, he actually stated he was interested in additional input.

I was becoming a non-supporter of Senator Braun until the last three months. He appears to have found more of his spine. Senator Young however is betraying his allegiance to the swamp creatures and the uni-party, which I find extra troubling considering his willingness to trade on his veteran status.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Good response. Instead of relying on the senate, we (red state residents) should try to get our state gov'ts to pull a 'CA' and declare that unconstitutional garbage like HR1 and HR127 are null&void within our states--secession lite

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Braun seems to be pro Second in every case I'm aware of.
    I don't have that same staunch optimism with Braun. He seems like he's a bit squishy on stuff like red flag laws, UBCs, etc.

Has anyone got a sense on his stance on the background check bill?

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Considering before he became senator he was against the "parking lot" bill allowing employees to keep firearms in their cars while they were at work, not sure I'd take him at his word. From what I knew of him back then, he was very much a "for me but for thee" type.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    EckFrank
    Top Bottom