• ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Sounds entirely to restrictive to me. :dunno:

I could care less if my Neighbors leave a Truck or Trailer parked outside on THEIR Property... :rolleyes:

I understand. But people with expensive homes DO care because the actions on adjacent properties DO affect property values AROUND their property.

You live how you like. I have no problem with that. But if someone starts parking a semi-truck/trailer next to you while you house is for sale then don't come crying to anyone else because that is on THEIR land, and as you seem to imply, it does not affect YOUR land. Even if reality is very different than your little bubble world.

They finally understood that I am not going to be bullied and sent it on to the Homownass attorney. Almost makes me wish I stayed in Bloomingstan. Here is my response.
    AWESOME response!

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Sounds entirely to restrictive to me. :dunno:

I could care less if my Neighbors leave a Truck or Trailer parked outside on THEIR Property... :rolleyes:
    I live in the kind of neighborhood where you would expect an HOA, but none exists (wouldn't have bought the house if one did). My neighbor parks his semi in the grass in the center of the circle between us. It does not cause me to lose a single minute of sleep.

My other neighbor let his grass grow last summer until the weeds were touching the gutters at the roofline. Not my business, not my property. I don't need a bunch of busybodies to handle it if I were to have a problem with it, either. I'd just go over and ask if he needed to borrow a mower or if he'd like me to take a whack at it. Maybe he's working 3 jobs to keep the lights on and doesn't have time. Maybe his wife's got cancer and is in the hospital. Maybe he's got other problems. Friendly concern and a beer trumps beating people over the head every time, IMO.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I understand. But people with expensive homes DO care because the actions on adjacent properties DO affect property values AROUND their property.

You live how you like. I have no problem with that. But if someone starts parking a semi-truck/trailer next to you while you house is for sale then don't come crying to anyone else because that is on THEIR land, and as you seem to imply, it does not affect YOUR land. Even if reality is very different than your little bubble world.
    I'd rather live in a bubble than insist the world revolve around me.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Jose, first, thank you for your service!!!!
    Second, good for you, don't let them push you around! I hate busy bodies that can't seem to leave people alone!
    I, personally, would never live in a neighborhood with a home owners assoc.

FLY YOUR FLAG HIGH AND PROUD!!!!!! WE ARE WITH YOU!!!!!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    You are assuming a lot about my Neighbors and I...

My little Bubble of a World?!
    Oh, you mean Reality...

I am so glad I do not have You and Yours for Neighbors.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I live in the kind of neighborhood where you would expect an HOA, but none exists (wouldn't have bought the house if one did). My neighbor parks his semi in the grass in the center of the circle between us. It does not cause me to lose a single minute of sleep.

My other neighbor let his grass grow last summer until the weeds were touching the gutters at the roofline. Not my business, not my property. I don't need a bunch of busybodies to handle it if I were to have a problem with it, either. I'd just go over and ask if he needed to borrow a mower or if he'd like me to take a whack at it. Maybe he's working 3 jobs to keep the lights on and doesn't have time. Maybe his wife's got cancer and is in the hospital. Maybe he's got other problems. Friendly concern and a beer trumps beating people over the head every time, IMO.

Definitely does! When did People start thinking that they can live next to someone and think they do not have to be Polite?! :dunno:

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    ill stick with my plot of land and my house and no hoa. if the guy next to me wants to park a trailer on his yard that is fine with me. knowing i can do the same at anytime for any reason without having to ask for permission is well worth it.

My sentiments exactly. :yesway:

I've seen the contracts from the HOA of the neighborhoods some of my friends live in, and I think the whole thing is appalling. One INGO member I know was recently fined something like $50 for having a porch light out?

If it's my properly, it's no one else's business. If I want to dig a moat (complete with drawbridge) and fill it with snapping turtles, I'm doing it. If I want to put a 30' half-pipe for skateboarding on my roof and surround my house with mattresses (for safety), that's my prerogative. If I want to build an enclosure filled with 50 bunnies with antlers super glued to their heads and go jackalope hunting with a paintball gun every weekend from my front porch; then bring the whiskey, cause it's gonna be an awesome weekend. :ar15:

Note the lack of purple.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I bought a house in Florida that was in a homeowners assoc. subdivision. I'll never make that mistake again. Too many busy bodies

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I would never live in any area that was run by a HOA...just my personal feelings on it. If you are within the rules for your flag I would let them try to prove otherwise and ignore them.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyD9ftpzKj0[/ame]

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    HOA's Cant live with em, cant live without em.
    They, like everything is as good as the people that wrote then and run them.
    If you live in a nice neighborhood, you dont want your neighbor raising hogs or having cars in the street on blocks? People move into a nice neighborhood and think its ok to put mobile homes in their backyards for their inlaws. Or build some crappy garage near the street in a all brick neighborhood. They can be a pain in the butt, but they can protect your investment.
    I actually got a letter in the mail from my association telling me that the leaves from my trees were blowing around the neighborhood and I needed to get them under control! Now thats funny!

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    ......I am certain that given time, they will grow used to seeing my "obtrusively large" pole.

I have already had an attorney acquaintance take a look at the situation for me. Here is what he had to say, very short and sweet. "If it's not in the contract, then why should you be required to do it? Making stuff up as they go along, who are they? The Indiana Supreme Court?"......

:laugh::lol2::lmfao:

That is Eff'in priceless right there!! You sir are a master wordsmith, kudos to you for your skills at keeping it civil and on point. I thought I was good, but you.... :bowdown:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    HOA's Cant live with em, cant live without em.
    They, like everything is as good as the people that wrote then and run them.
    If you live in a nice neighborhood, you dont want your neighbor raising hogs or having cars in the street on blocks? People move into a nice neighborhood and think its ok to put mobile homes in their backyards for their inlaws. Or build some crappy garage near the street in a all brick neighborhood. They can be a pain in the butt, but they can protect your investment.
    I actually got a letter in the mail from my association telling me that the leaves from my trees were blowing around the neighborhood and I needed to get them under control! Now thats funny!

I'd much rather live next to someone that raises hogs in their backyard than live next to someone that thinks they need to be worrying about what is going on within my property lines. If you can live with other people telling you how to live, might as well do some condo or apartment living. Me, I'd much rather have 10 or more acres to live how I please. It doesn't make any sense to me at all to pay someone to tell you how you're allowed to live on your property. If I want to park a boat in my front yard, I will. If I want a truck up on blocks while I'm trying to get it how I want it, I will. Won't ever be any HOAs in my future.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    We went from 5 acres in the country to a house on .18 acres in a HOA. Prior to buying, I read the rules, a couple were silly but understandable. Nice community and we love it here. Good neighbors too, and that makes a world of diffference. No more mowing either.

Top Bottom