• Do you let other people shoot your reloads

• Total voters

badmac183

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 25, 2011
    hamlet, IN
    Curious, do you reload? I say curious because I don't know too many people who do that share your carefree attitude. You do your thing! I was once told by a great and emminant sage..."The people who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it." I've bought reloads before, but it was from someone I knew well and trusted, and they were licensed.

No, I don't reload myself

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    No, I don't reload myself

:laugh: Sorry, I only find this funny because I just came from the wal-mart thread... and your past comment about people not shooting random people's reloads because they are chicken, then not reloading yourself to know the dangers that come with loading your own ammo is starting to make me wonder a bit...:yesway:

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Generally I do not, and never in their firearms.

However, if someone wants to shoot, say, my Gewehr 88, well, it takes 7,92x57J(I) loads. Nobody makes these any longer, so they must shoot my handloads.

Josh

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    My question would be do you shoot someone elses reloads. While shooting competition I was watching a powderpuff event between stages. A friend of mine's wife entered but she forgot her ammo. He bought some reloads from a guy there and she shot those. She shot 2 before she realized that the bullets were not exiting the barrel. Yep, she had 2 bullets lodged in the barrel. He had a hard time finding a smith that would remove them without damaging the barrel. It could have ended VERY badly for her. She was a regular shooter at the events and I found it hard to believe she didn't notice the difference. She claimed it was the fact she didn't know what to expect from the reloads. Her hubby was pretty upset with the guy that sold them to him, but that didn't help. :xmad:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    He bought some reloads from a guy there and she shot those.

It could have ended VERY badly for her.

She claimed it was the fact she didn't know what to expect from the reloads.

Her hubby was pretty upset with the guy that sold them to him, but that didn't help. :xmad:
    Caveat emptor.

Jarel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    I cast all my bullets and reload all my ammo. Have for over 30 years. Countless guests of mine have shot my reloads in my guns. Never and I say never has there been the first problem. When working up a load I choose a powder that a double charge will over flow the case. So the chance of a double charge is next to nill.

abmears

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I won't give anyone my reloads. If someone is interested in reloading and wants to shoot some. I will let them use my reloader with some instruction and supervision. After all that is how I got started.

Top Bottom