• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 500 mag

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Indy
    I have a leupold mark Ar 6-18x40 that i'm trying to find a lens shade for. I bought a leupold alumina lens shade but the (OD) is smaller than the (OD) of the scope. Question is, does anybody know of one that would work and fit flush with the scope? Scope was made in 2014. Thanks for any help

Last edited:

devious169

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Earth and you?
    One would think leupold make one for their scopes. I'd contact them first and see if you could exchange the one you have for one that fits. There customer service is Second to none.

500 mag

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Indy
    One would think leupold make one for their scopes. I'd contact them first and see if you could exchange the one you have for one that fits. There customer service is Second to none.

It threads on fine but steps down in diameter from the scope to the shade. It's just the way they make them. Oh well, I'll see if I can find one from a different manufacturer that will thread on and have a cleaner look. Thanks for the response.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    You can ask your question directly through their webpage here - https://www.leupold.com/contact/ask-a-leupold-expert/
    You can also call them during their normal business hours - 1-800-538-7653.
    They're in Oregon, thus on Pacific Time, therefore three hours behind us here in Indiana, so you'll want to take that into account before calling.
    They'll undoubtedly be open by 9:00 Pacific Time, but maybe at 8:00, so if you can call them at the second time first to see if they're open, that could shorten your wait time.
    Their customer support is justifiably renowned.
    I have two Leupolds myself.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    It threads on fine but steps down in diameter from the scope to the shade. It's just the way they make them. Oh well, I'll see if I can find one from a different manufacturer that will thread on and have a cleaner look. Thanks for the response.

I know exactly what you are saying, I have a 6 x 20 ? European LR that was mounted on a used rifle I bought. When I installed the the sunshade that came with it ( it came with the factory scope box ,papers, cleaning cloth and sunshade ) it is smaller in diameter by maybe a 1/2 a MM. It's just one of those things your, like " what happened here ". But I have never looked into it..
    I am curious what Leupold tells you.

Top Bottom