• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I've got VX-iii 4.5-16 LR on a rifle that I got in trade. The scope is zeroed but the turrets are not currently showing zero. Like with most scopes with target style turrets, it appears the turret caps are held in place with some set screws. However, I don't have anything small enough it seems to adjust. The screws are so small I can't even tell if they are internal Hex or Torx but would guess they are hex.

Any of you 'smiths out there happen to know the size? Smallest I have is 1/16 and that seems to be quite a bit too big.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I don't have that exact model Leupold but I checked my scope and a 1/16 fits the screws good. I have metric and torks wrenches. I tried all the standard sizes I have. That was the closest on my scope. I wish you were closer. I have a .050 allen wrench you could try.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I don't have that exact model Leupold but I checked my scope and a 1/16 fits the screws good. I have metric and torks wrenches. I tried all the standard sizes I have. That was the closest on my scope. I wish you were closer. I have a .050 allen wrench you could try.

Thanks for the offer and the info. Maybe I need to double check and make sure! Might just be an excuse for me to get a new allen key set too. :)

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Went back to my tool box, and found the plastic pouch that the allen keys came in. Sure enough, there was an itty bitty teeny weeny .050" key in there that I had missed. It did the trick. Thanks guys!

Top Bottom