• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    10 spots allowed. 6 left as of noon 9-22-11. Call to reserve spot. 574-299-8000

Kodiak Training Announcement:
    Defensive Handgun Level 1 Course
    This 2 ½ day defensive handgun course is a fast paced, demanding course covering safe and effective ownership, use and proper maintenance of a handgun. Through utilization of demonstration, lecture, range procedure and simulation drills the participant in taught safe handling of the handgun in close distance situation, either on the street or for in the home-defense. Both beginners and individuals with previous handgun training will benefit from this course by learning ingredients to improve proper skill development. The participant will achieve a higher level of confidence and will learn necessary safety measures when carrying a handgun for protection in defensive situations.
    Regardless of your age, gender, experience of situation in life, completion of
    "The Defensive Handgun Level I course Experience, YOUR LIFE WILL CHANGE FOREVER!!" You will grounded in the modern Technique of the pistol, including marksmanship, gun handling, combat mindset, low light, and the elements of the Combat Triad. Through systematic and dynamic methodology you will achieve confidence, competence, new skills and best of all, Peace of mind. Participants emerge stronger, more alert, and conditioned to respond instantly to any threat. You will prevail in any encounter.

This is top notch training and cost for these classes will go up in the future.

Space in the class is limited to the first 10 people to pay for the class so come in and reserve your spot today!

Friday November 4th 6pm to 10pm and Saturday November 5th and 6th 8 am to 5pm.
    Cost for the Class is $100

Requirements:
    • Good attitude.
    • 9mm or larger caliber handgun.
    • Outside the pants Holster with fully enclosed trigger guard for safety purposes.
    • Sturdy pants belt
    • Ammunition carrier, speed loaders for revolvers or 3 magazines and 3 spares for semi-automatics.
    • Appropriate clothing (ball cap, long pants, closed tow footwear, etc.)
    • 600+ rounds of frangible ammo which may be purchased at here at Kodiak.
    • Brown bag lunch and water for Saturday.
    The "Core Four" Safety rules of firearm handling are enforced 100% of the time, every time. Failure to follow the "Core Four" will result in dismissal of the student without delay or refund.

The "Core Four"
    • All guns are always loaded.
    • Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    • Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target and you have decided to shoot.
    • Be sure of your target and what is beyond.
    Instructor: Norman Hood

Norm retired as a Command Sergeant Major from the U.S. Army after 24 years of service and then spent 6 years with the Alaska State Troopers before entering Government Security Contract positions. Norm has more than 35 years experience of operational Law Enforcement , Training, logistical and support planning for private security companies, military and State police Organizations. He is a certified instructor of law enforcement subjects by the Alaska Police Standards Council. He has Extensive "Use of Force" training experience with lethal and non-lethal weapons and 12 plus years conducting rifle, pistol, and shotgun training including Concealed Carry courses as a independent contractor with a private firearms academy in Alaska and as an adjunct instructor at Blackwater Worldwide, Inc. Norm is a NRA instructor certified in pistol, rifle, shotgun, Refuse to be a Victim, and Chief Range Safety officer.

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Does one need to take the "Intro" course first to take this course? What are the differences between the two?

You do not need to take the intro to do the full blow level I course. The full blow course has an extra day and includes more drills more time in the live fire shoothouse etc. The instructor is going to send me an email shortly outlining the differences and I will post it.

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Here is the instructor's explanation of the differences:

The first day an half will be about the same, I expand some of the drills which include reloads and malfunction clearance drills, taking more time and of course expending more ammo.

In both courses I will cover;

Body position
    Sight alignment
    Sight picture
    Trigger finger placement
    Trigger squeeze
    Trigger reset drills
    Shooting accurately
    Shooting with more speed
    6 step presentation
    Speed and tactical reloads
    Type 1, 2 & 3 malfunction clearance drills

In the 2 ½ day course I will add;

More shooting incorporating the presentation, reloading drills, malfunction clearance drills, run dry drills, positional shooting, shooting on the move. If time permits and it should, I want to utilize the shoot house for an end of course fun drill.

Top Bottom