• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 25mux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    Anderson, IN
    I will be moving to the lexington ky area in the next month or so. Anyone have any info on the area? I don't know anything about it, and had never been there until I interviewed for a job. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Born and raised in Lex Vegas...parents & brother still live there.

Pretty much anything south of US60/Versailles Rd/Winchester Rd is good. Lots of nice areas out Harrodsburg Rd, Clays Mill, Nicholasville Rd, Tates Creek, or way out Winchester Rd near Sir Barton Way/I-75.

North of US60 isn't "bad" (I grew up off Versailles Rd inside of New Circle Rd) but isn't quite as new or "nice".

Really nice city that has crappy traffic at times, though not as bad as Louisville IMO. Very close to Bluegrass Sportsmans League and obviously, The Gun Warehouse/Buds Gun Shop.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Lived there for over a decade. Lexington is pretty nice, but it's a democrat stronghold and even the local reps are pretty left leaning. The city has more restaurants, per capita, than almost any city in the states. Lots of eating out. Scott County, to the north of Lex, is a decent little suburb. Lexington was recently voted as the #3 city in the US for bad traffic. I'd believe it. Especially on the southern side of New Circle road, over by Harrodsburg. All in all Lex is a nice enough little city. I like the Indy area better, tho and don't regret relocating.

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    Depends on what you're looking for. My Dad built a house in Midway, just a little bit outside of Lexington. For the most part, they hate the place. But, he's also on Oncologist that's stuck dealing with Yahoos all day in the city. Not much to do there besides horses and the bourbon factories.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    The only thing you will need to know is it's home to a lot of blowhard UK fans..............:abused:

Although after Tuesday nights debacle I imagine there are fewer of them......:tantrum:

Last edited:

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I have several friends down there, go check out Big Blue Hobbies if your into RC hobbies. Also check out West Sixth Brewing.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Advice: If you see this man, feel free to kick him in the balls.
    sleaze_zps32ae1391.jpg

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I head down to Nicholasville just south of Lexington several times a year to visit one of our plants down there. Several good restaurants and breweries in Lexington, and I'm partial to the bourbon, so I (generally speaking) like the city - but I'd live in Nicholasville or one of the much less "Blue" towns nearby if I could. Beautiful country down there. Wouldn't mind having a few hundred acres, even if I wouldn't trade Indy for Lexington.

Top Bottom