• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I was at my local gun shop today and studying what kind of foregrip to put on the rifle. The guy showed me a gun with a vertical grip. I said, "This is a nice rifle, is this a bushmaster?" Another guy looking on spoke and and said it was ed's old gun (name is made up -dont remember) and ed would not own a bushmaster. That rifle is ______" cant remember what it was but it costs 2800 think it started with a "I". He went on to say that Bushmaster was crap. I dont think he was trying to be rude or a gun snob but this revelation concerned me.

I just have not found any evidence to support this assertion of his in my research.
    What do you guys think about Bushmaster?
    I know very little about these AR type rifles and waiting to pick up one via UPS from Buds
    This kind of concerns me if they have a bad rep.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Absolutely. If bushmaster made crap, they would not be one of the top selling on the market... Just my $0.02. Oh and thousands of rounds through many bushmaster products too.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I think that once you get to a certain level with a gun the more money you spend for a really expensive the less return you get on your investment

For example you can be a nice Trek road bicycle for a $1000 and you can trim off a few ounces for $4000. The difference to most people is inconsequential....agree or disagree?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Its all about your perspective. For him and his needs, he thinks Bushmasters are crap. For you and your needs, a Bushmaster may be just the ticket.

There are a few things that set some other rifles above Bushmasters, and I'm sure you'll figure those out in your research. But that doesn't make them "crap".

Could his gun have been an LWRCi?

Last edited:

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    Bushmaster has always had a good reputation and put out a great product. In the last few years there have been an abundance of "boutique" AR brands popping up, usually with a bunch of fans swearing it's the new best thing ever. This usually involves talking down about their competition for some reason.
    Nothing about the fancy new brands makes a Bushmaster any less of a good rifle than it's always been though.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Absolutely

Like I said I dont think he was trying to be rude cause he didnt know I had a bushmaster when he said that. I think he trying to be helpful in his inarticulate way.

I have also noted with my interation with you that it is critical that your rifle is mil-spec. You made some good points and I almost got the spikes but elected to go forward with the cheaper purchase. I read an article about mil-spec in a gun mag and I could see why it was important to some. I think the Bushmaster is "just the ticket" for me but hats off to someone that wants and can afford a $3000 rifle. I will say that the rifle I held seemed to have very nice components.

Its all about your perspective. For him and his needs, he thinks Bushmaster are crap. For you and your needs, a Bushmaster may be just the ticket.

There are a few things that set some other rifles above Bushmasters, and I'm sure you'll figure those out in your research. But that doesn't make them "crap".

Could his gun have been an LWRCi?

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    now that is funny....

That looks identical to mine.looks like yours has a flat top receiver and a longer barrel(?)...BUSH BCWA1F14M4AM M4A1 223 16IN $663.00 SHIPS FREE

I feel good about my choice and even better after talking to you guys.
    Do you still have that rifle?
    I will post pics when I get it, hopefully friday, at BGF....Buds was really slow to ship that item....it has been paid off since the 7th and just now shipping...they apoligized and shipped it though...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    That looks identical to mine.looks like yours has a flat top receiver and a longer barrel(?)...

Mine was very similar. It was a Patrolman's M4, so it had a 16" barrel and removable flash hider.

Do you still have that rifle?

Nope. Sold it to a fellow INGOer and he's been in love with it ever since. I had to to finance my SBR project.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...colt45er_esrice_and_lovemywoods_pics_vid.html

I will post pics when I get it, hopefully friday,

Awesome! :rockwoot:

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Pictures of the new AR

DSCI0078.jpg

DSCI0078.jpg

DSCI0077.jpg

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I have one Bushmaster, an older 20" hbar rifle. It's faily accurate and has been troublefree. I did restake the gas key.
    I have other AR15's that are "better", but the old Bushmaster has yet to let me down.
    My only concern about Bushmaster is the way that Cerebus (sp) seems to be running all of their companys into the ground. Quality is suffering as a result. I guess it would be more appropriate to say that they are running the quality of their products into the ground in order to get a maximum return on their money.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Bushmasters are good to go. I shoot with several buddies who have them. Not one complaint.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and AR rifles generate a lot of opinions. Just don't drink the Hesse, Vulcan, Blackthorn kool-aide.

Top Bottom