• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    I've been an online shopper for quite a while and I'd venture to guess that since a lot of you are on the forums you do some online shopping as well. I've always wondered wondered why (some) LGS's don't really build up their websites and list available stock on their sites?

I can understand if you dont want to sell online but at least list what you have and if I am interested I could just decide to drive on down and pick something up!

Nodnarb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Muncie
    If you force people to stop in there is the possibility to sell them other stuff even if you are out of ammo. If you show ammo stock online you get less traffic in the door and potential lost sales on stuff they might have grabbed while they were in looking for ammo.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Ehh maybe .. With out knowing whats there I'm just not making the trip unless I'm ready to buy and I've called asking about what they have. the only time I'll be in the store window shopping is if I'm at the range.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    probably because it would be a pain in the rear to constantly update your inventory as you were making sales or purchasing guns. Then someone would come in because it was on the site but you sold it beforehand. It would be cool but I think it would be an administrative hassle unless their sales system automatically took care of it.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Also, the stock varies daily/weekly now. Hard to keep a website up 24/7

probably because it would be a pain in the rear to constantly update your inventory as you were making sales or purchasing guns. Then someone would come in because it was on the site but you sold it beforehand. It would be cool but I think it would be an administrative hassle unless their sales system automatically took care of it.

Bingo. No infrastructure in most stores to do it.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Well the way things are now are a special case. There use to be times when weapons would be sitting for a while.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I have never had a GS, but have ran a small business. I very much doubt most GS have the available labor to keep an online inventory up to date. Therefore they would have to hire someone to do this - and pay for a website. Doubt they could ever recoup the cost in increased sales (may even cost them the impulse sales made when someone comes in to see what they do have). Many small shops have only 1 of a particular model of firearm. If 2 people see this in stock and both go to buy it , or someone walks in and buys it, the one that drives to the shop only to find its gone would probably be a forever lost customer. Personally I don't mind just visiting the shops, always looking for something old (but new to me). I enjoy the visits, like looking at the inventory and usually buying something even if its just ammo or small items.

Top Bottom