• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I don't know about everyone else but I was very disappointed that in this election that Indiana State liberal Judges were retained. Indiana Judges Melissa May, Margaret Robb, and Lloyd Mark Bailey all got around 78% votes for "Yes, retain this Judge". I don't see how Indiana voted so Republican but yet voted at 78% to retain these three Liberal Judges. I don't think Hoosiers educated themselves on what kind of Judges they were retaining. These are Liberal Judges that I personally voted "No, they shall not be retained". We could have replaced these three judges by voting not to retain them and then they could have been replaced with a more conservative Judge (like Judges Goff & Brown who were also retained). These 3 liberal judges get very long terms now to keep wrecking more liberal havoc. I think many Hoosiers just voted yes to retain all these judges when in fact they were voting to keep Liberal Judges. Makes no sense to me.

Can you explain why they are liberal judges? Any cites for their opinions?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I vote 'NO' on this question every time I see it. Those fools need to find a real job.

I think being a judge IS a real job. Whether a given judge is worth a **** or not takes some knowledge. Unless I know something about a judge, or really about any option on the ballot, I don't vote either way. I don't have to know a lot. Just enough to decide to check one box or other. I voted against one judge (Democrat) this time because he ran too many ads on YouTube. If I'd never heard of him I'd just not have voted.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Can you explain why they are liberal judges? Any cites for their opinions?

Yes, I used this link to research them prior to voting: https://www.in.gov/judiciary/5572.htm
    For example the three judges I named for starters were put there by Governor O'Bannon back in 1998. They all got more yea's to be retained than nays so now they all get another 10 year term. The link will also have some of their judgements so you could decide for yourself.
    For those of you who just voted No on every judge that means for example you voted No on Judge Goff who was appointed by Holcomb to fill out another Judge's term on the Indiana Supreme Court. Judge Goff is an Originalist and considered "republican / conservative" by many (I know judges "don't have a political party", yeah OK, not buying it). Thankfully Judge Goff was also retained.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yes, I used this link to research them prior to voting: <a href="https://www.in.gov/judiciary/5572.htm" target="_blank">https://www.in.gov/judiciary/5572.htm</a> <br>
    For example the three judges I named for starters were put there by Governor O'Bannon back in 1998. They all got more yea's to be retained than nays so now they all get another 10 year term. The link will also have some of their judgements so you could decide for yourself.
    Yes, they were appointed to the appellate court by O'Bannon, but that by itself doesn't mean they are liberal. O'Bannon was a Dem, but he was a very conservative one. I've read a dozen plus of their opinions and can't find any that were "liberal". Again any cites for any specific ones that would show their liberal bent?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    What do you call someone who got C's in law school? Your honor... :lmfao:

Top Bottom