Liberals are organizing a campaign to get Bass Pro/Cabelas to end AR15 sales.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Over 2/3 of Americans got their news from social media last years. That's truly scary.

I get a lot of my news from "social media". INGO is one of them. I've got numerous news, blog, and opinion sources in my FB and twitter feeds. It's quite a handy resource. It can be more reliable than having your tv tuned to your MSM source(s) all day.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    For the folks that are upset by this, I'm curious how many AR15s you've bought at Cabelas? It wouldn't occur to me to look there when there are better/cheaper sources so I'm having trouble getting too worked up about this.
    I bought an Anderson AM15 optics ready 5.56 rifle at Cabela's just before Halloween 2017. Was $428 out the door and is the most accurate AR I have ever owned. At same time they had DPMS AR15 optics ready for $429 plus tax too. Clerk said buy the Anderson and save a little money. Anderson AM15 is just great fun to shoot and Cabela's is great place to shop for reloading stuff, guns and to sight-see for taking along your kids or novice shooters. Selection of ARs might be out-of-stock buy they can get what you want and watch for sales and display model discounts. Plus just renewed my NRA membership on February 10, 2018 for $35 and got $25 gift card so net year cost me $10. I am paid up until Feb. 2021. Next NRA event is Sept. 2018 so watch for it.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I really don't understand the aspects of social media shaming. It's like a tv, if you don't see something you like, change the channel, if there's nothing on, turn it off. How people can accept social media as the world's conscience or moral compass is beyond me, the middle ages are long past.
    Because, whether we like it or not, we live in an age of right think, wrong think, and virtue signalling to ensure people know your ideological purity on the fleeting issue du jour.

Last edited:

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Anybody else find this a bit humorous? A group of people who would never set foot in either store because they cater to hunters, shooters and fishermen are trying to force them to quit selling one of the most popular rifles in America. Basically it's this, "We don't shop with you but we demand you to alienate the majority of the people who do." Seriously this is a joke, right?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Anybody else find this a bit humorous? A group of people who would never set foot in either store because they cater to hunters, shooters and fishermen are trying to force them to quit selling one of the most popular rifles in America. Basically it's this, "We don't shop with you but we demand you to alienate the majority of the people who do." Seriously this is a joke, right?

I wish.

SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close

Sadly, I doubt it.

I was perplexed to read recently that we probably won;t be able to buy another CamelBak from REI, where my wife & I have bought stuff for years. The company's decision hinges on CamelBak's parent company also having an arm the sells guns. And that's their choice, based on their political views. It may mean that I no longer spend money with REI.

As for Cabela's ... I don't have a store near me, so I don't often shop there. I went into a Bass Pro in another state last year, bought a map for a national park that we had planned to visit the following month.

But they need to make up their own mind about which products to sell, based on their own decisions about their corporate morality and which customers are more profitable. I hope their decision is made outside of the influence of those who also probably didn't shop there in the first place.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Customers who are bullish on 2a rights are a very small percentage of shoppers at Dicks or Walmart, I believe they are a large enough percentage of Cabelas and Bass Pro that angering them would hurt their bottom line bad. I agree on the irony that most of the people pressuring Cabelas and Bass pro would never shop there.

I met my Cousin at Bass Pro for lunch once, we entered directly through the restaurant door and after lunch i suggested we walk through the store. He was visibly uncomfortable at the idea and we didn't go into the store. I doubt that he owns one piece of merchandise other than clothes that is sold there.

Top Bottom