• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The creator of the 'Liberty Dollar', a silver alternative to Federal Reserve notes, has been convicted on all counts in federal court. They are considering his "crimes" to be domestic terrorism. He'll be sentenced to up to 25 years in a federal political prison, the feds are also seeking to confiscate $7 Million worth of his silver coins.

Liberty Dollar creator convicted in federal court

More Info:
    Liberty Dollar Arrest

LibertyDollarTrial

472-liberty.jpg

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    them thieves at the federal reserve arent gonna let anyone move in on their territory. they have congress and all the letter agencies by the balls too, so if you are a perceived threat to them, prepare to be taken down.

I would simply not give my guilty vote if I was on the jury. the govt could pound sand. I would love to get on a jury involving a case like this or any other federal case where I think they have overstepped the constitution. I wouldnt care what the facts of the "law" says.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just how many L. Neil Smith novels does one have to read before this becomes a good idea?

ram, surely you understood what this guy was doing; it's fraud and a bunch of other crimes.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Where is this stuff coming from? L. Neil Smith's blog? Some Wookie site? Ron Paul's campaign headquarters.

Net, the government's charges are completely without merit.

Ummm, obviously no.

And most recently the prosecutor managed to get personal friends assigned as their public defense attorneys (remember their assets were seized so they couldn't get private ones).

Where does this nonsense come from? Is it made up like the stuff we hear at gun stores?

Not to mention that shops all over the place are already starting to go back to using junk silver and bullion. And every pawn shop in the country is now ready to convert silver into FRNs and vice-versa.

Are the shops minting their own coins to look like United States coins?

FRN? Isn't that Boston T. Party? Is Kenny spreading this nonsense?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Just how many L. Neil Smith novels does one have to read before this becomes a good idea?
    I haven't read any, but I'm getting the feeling I need to.. :D

ram, surely you understood what this guy was doing; it's fraud and a bunch of other crimes.

I guess there are two things to discuss here: (1) the merits of these charges; (2) more importantly, that the feds are calling him a "domestic terrorist."

Even if one is convinced that his actions were criminal, how can anyone call his actions akin to domestic terrorism? That line of thinking is frightening to say the least. Now we are going to have non-violent, white-collar "criminals" being thought of as terrorists? What next, insurance fraudsters, identity thieves? Will they be arrested by soldierish troops and sent to Gitmo?

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    if it was backed by a commodity, and there was an enough to back the amount in circulation, I have no problem with this. Of course we know the gov hates to break it's monopolies. Good idea, but he's screwed

Freedom Ninja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Ninja Hideout

Kirk, obviously he was committing a bunch crimes because he was found guilty, but thanks for pointing that one out counselor.

The fraud and "other crimes" that you speak of are committed by the federal government, and supported by a nation of complacent citizens like yourself.

Regarding the charge of "Domestic Terrorism" that Innes was convicted of; I have finally reached the point where I am literally terrified by the actions of our local, state, and federal government. I have done nothing that I know to be a crime, and yet I am actually TERRIFIED of an encounter with the police, and I am TERRIFIED to open every letter I receive from a government office address.

You keep on writing your mean ol' letters to the statehouse everybody, because that totally worked for Tom Jefferson and his pals...

Maybe I am in the minority, but I definitely feel backed into a corner by our government. No more nasty notes to the statehouse from me. I am buying a life insurance policy tomorrow, and keeping my guns loaded for when the terrorists come [STRIKE]knocking[/STRIKE] banging at my door.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Wow. The first thing that came to mind was that the Fed isn't a gov't entity. It's a private company issuing US currency.

This seems wrong on many levels.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Regarding the charge of "Domestic Terrorism" that Innes was convicted of; I have finally reached the point where I am literally terrified by the actions of our local, state, and federal government. I have done nothing that I know to be a crime, and yet I am actually TERRIFIED of an encounter with the police, and I am TERRIFIED to open every letter I receive from a government office address.

Von NotHaus, the subject of the conviction, wasn't convicted of "domestic terrorism," that was the hyperbolic language of an overly florid U.S. Attorney in his press release. He was convicted of fraud and counterfeiting. Mr. Innes, apparently, has not yet been tried.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    why isnt the govt going after walt disney as domestic terrorist? last time we went they had their own currency called disney dollars I believe and it was just like cash. Oh thats right, disney plays into whatever the feds want. i forgot you have to sell out in order to print out.

OH CRAP!!! I might even still have some laying around somewhere. I hope the mickey mouse police dont come kick in my door.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    Who was the victim of fraud?
    I believe that even in the video he was giving people the impression that these had value as your standard US dollar. They got him because he used terminology that would lead people to believe that they were legal US issued currency as opposed to more of a barter type certificate.

Going in some place and saying, hey will you take the new "twenty dollar coin" to most people they will think it is a coin, minted by the government, that is the same as their twenty dollar bill. That's where he got in trouble.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I believe that even in the video he was giving people the impression that these had value as your standard US dollar. They got him because he used terminology that would lead people to believe that they were legal US issued currency as opposed to more of a barter type certificate.

Going in some place and saying, hey will you take the new "twenty dollar coin" to most people they will think it is a coin, minted by the government, that is the same as their twenty dollar bill. That's where he got in trouble.
    So then he was convicted because people are too ignorant to ask? Because people jumped to incorrect conclusions?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I guess there are two things to discuss here: (1) the merits of these charges; (2) more importantly, that the feds are calling him a "domestic terrorist."

Even if one is convinced that his actions were criminal, how can anyone call his actions akin to domestic terrorism?

1. Everything I have read points to the feds having a very solid case.

2. The USA perhaps went one step over the line with the hyperbolic language but I have heard USAs and AUSAs call drug dealers "domestic terrorists". There was no "domestic terrorism" charge.

As stated above by Carmel, Innes is scheduled for trial and has not been convicted of anything.

3. I wouldn't call these actions domestic terrorism. Misguided perhaps (perhaps he is a true Wookie believer and not a con man), but not terroristic.

Top Bottom