• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EMC0853

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Mostly enjoyed my multiple visits. I went there again today with a somewhat uncomfortable issue concerning a problem with a recent purchase. I was treated well and with respect. Unfortunately the problem with my firearm requires factory intervention, so it's taking a little trip tomorrow. I hear Colorado is nice this time of year....

While I was there it got pretty busy. I guess some of those customers will say how bad the service was. I can understand and have experienced less then helpful employees who I suspect are the root cause of some of the above comments. Sort of like every other subset of humanity, good days/bad days, yin/yang, blah/blah.

On an interesting note, I witnessed an employee handing a firearm to a customer correctly and with no snickering or rolling of eyes. He checked the chamber and magazine prior to handing it grip first to a potential customer. They really need to enlighten (or axe) anyone who has issues with elemental gun safety.

(FYI - I did find out they are getting some ElsiePea's soon. Not sure if I want one, but I plan to check them out.)

Brandan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    West Side
    I can understand and have experienced less then helpful employees who I suspect are the root cause of some of the above comments.

They really need to enlighten (or axe) anyone who has issues with elemental gun safety.

I agree with both of these comments. However, sometimes management is completely blind of these situations, in this case, it is up to the customer to make it noticed.

Fort Liberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    To those who have posted positively about my store, I extend a heartfelt thank you. I am happy to know that you are pleased with the selection, prices, and your overall experience.

Slacker, It is unfortunate that you feel my selection is slim, but I believe your account is inaccurate. I have over 100 handguns, and of those, there are 95 different models. Are you sure you didn't come in the day after the last gun show?

Fire1035, Obviously I can not carry all parts for all guns. I feel that if I don't have what a customer needs, I can at least tell them where to get it, even give them a book with pictures and descriptions. In the future, I will try to educate a customer further if that's what is necessary to assist them in finding what they need.

Although it has been harsh by some, I am open to constructive criticism. I have addressed the issues that have been brought to my attention. If anyone finds that these issues continue, please bring them to me so that I can take immediate action. My name is Scott and my business cards are located near the cash register. Also, for clarification, we are not split off or former partners of AAC.

Thank you all for your time. Scott

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    I went to Fort Liberty again today and was treated very well. I got a very good deal on a used Glock 30. They had a new Glock 19 for $489 which I thought was a very fair price. I was, and in the past have been, treated well and you can often find very good prices. I have found if a price seems high, you can tell them where you saw it for less, and often they will not only give you the same deal, but change the price if you don't buy. If it is not a consignment piece they try to stay competitive.

Brandan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    West Side
    To those who have posted positively about my store, I extend a heartfelt thank you. I am happy to know that you are pleased with the selection, prices, and your overall experience.

Slacker, It is unfortunate that you feel my selection is slim, but I believe your account is inaccurate. I have over 100 handguns, and of those, there are 95 different models. Are you sure you didn't come in the day after the last gun show?

Fire1035, Obviously I can not carry all parts for all guns. I feel that if I don't have what a customer needs, I can at least tell them where to get it, even give them a book with pictures and descriptions. In the future, I will try to educate a customer further if that's what is necessary to assist them in finding what they need.

Although it has been harsh by some, I am open to constructive criticism. I have addressed the issues that have been brought to my attention. If anyone finds that these issues continue, please bring them to me so that I can take immediate action. My name is Scott and my business cards are located near the cash register. Also, for clarification, we are not split off or former partners of AAC.

Thank you all for your time. Scott

Scott, I am glad to see that you have responded to this post. It is a shame that some bad weeds can ruin the garden. Hopefully this will change a few small things that people have disliked about your store. I will however say that the store has always been immaculate and your selection is very broad.

cue7467

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Westfield Indiana
    I felt it was something to address on an open forum. It seems that I was not the only one that felt this way. I believe in second chances and I will give you a shot again sometime in the future. However, I will be posting concerning that visit too. You mention some comments were harsh, however it seems some customer service or lack there of sucked. I am glad to hear you have taken steps in correcting this problem and hope that we can do business soon. Take care and good luck.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Scott I'm glad to see you have tried to address issues that have been brought up concerning your business. In my post I tried to give both the positives and negatives about your store. That is the only way to really assess anything in life. Your post seems sincere and it appears that you are willing to listen to criticism without getting angry or defensive. I just know that I felt very insulted with the persons behavior that I dealt with and vowed never to return. After reading your post I'll consider stopping in again and see what happens. I thought you had a fair and interesting selection of nice guns for a small shop and that it is a very nice and well kept shop. Prices varied but overall they seemed ok by todays standards. Thank you for your comments and hopefully things will get better for you. I do try to support the little guys out there.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I go into Ft. Liberty once a week on my way home from work. I don't think I've witnessed any of the things complained about here except for handing a firearm without checking the chamber. However, they don't deserve to be skewered for that because I've had that happen at Plainfield and Bradis, too, both shops I love to frequent, as well.

The more I visit Ft. Liberty, the more I like it. They are starting to get some great guns in there. The inventory changes frequently, too. Their prices are close enough to the others on most things I've seen. My SR9 was a sweet deal compared to the others. They are competitive, and that is all I ask for.

You know, if someone rolled their eyes at me over something, I would be hard pressed to notice. That is something my wife would notice, but not me.

and grizzlydave--You have no idea of anything except what you've been told on the internet, and you decide to stay away. It doesn't take much to sway some people. I guess that's how Obama got elected. Use your own eyes and ears and see for yourself. I did, and I'm happy with my experiences at Fort Liberty.

One more thing. I've never been in there for more than a few minutes without someone asking me if I need help finding something, even when the place was crowded. I doubt it is because I look stupid, either. (Of course, that could be the reason.)

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I feel the need to say something. I have been there only 3 times over a few months. I was always greeted when I came in and asked if I needed to see anything. I found it to be a professionally run shop. Once I was the only one in the shop and no one tried to engage in me conversation after asking if I needed anything. So what? I don't always go to a gun shop looking to engage in fellowship with other gun enthusiasts. I found nothing to complain about and look forward to checking them out again. They always make me feel welcome. Maybe its just me but I tend to judge a gun shop on the knowledge of the employees and the prices/inventory of the goods. This shop is just starting off, give them a chance. Maybe I'm just a little more thick skinned than the average Joe, or maybe just a little thick.

Top Bottom