• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, apparently to face down ANTIFA you have to wear your hat backwards and have spent more on tats than the cost of a new SUV?

I approve the underlying sentiment though...

I don't wear a hat, and don't have any tats and I sure as hell not going to confront a bunch of anarchists, shock troops for the communists backing them, and give them the confrontation they want. Better things to do with my money than bond and lawyers.

Bad idea. Grandpa Page, "Don't wrestle with the pig, you both get dirty and the pig likes it."

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It's sad that more folks don't recognize the sense of peace and goodwill a nice pair of everyday overalls can provide to one's soul and ability to scratch nearly any spot that itches....

I just . . . I don't think . . . We shouldn't have to see that in our mind's eye . . . just no.

I need to send you another dollar.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Yeah, you'd think that to read their target audience, they'd at least have one fat guy in overalls.

I'm not fat, and I do not own any bibs either. Maybe the target audience is the "fantasy" of being like the guys in the ad? Kind of like the fat girl that wishes she were a swim suit model.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'm not fat, and I do not own any bibs either. Maybe the target audience is the "fantasy" of being like the guys in the ad? Kind of like the fat girl that wishes she were a swim suit model.

That's the girl I thought of when I saw the complaints about the guys being muscular and having tattoos...

It is also pipe hitters union in conjunction with spikes, I personally would expect them to illustrate people like that. Heck just look at their website.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    That's the girl I thought of when I saw the complaints about the guys being muscular and having tattoos...

It is also pipe hitters union in conjunction with spikes, I personally would expect them to illustrate people like that. Heck just look at their website.

I didn't know a thing about the pipe hitters, had to google it. When I first saw the Spikes lower's that had Pipe Hitter's Union, I thought maybe they were pandering to the Pipe Fitter's Union and it was a play on words. So I finally did a google search last night and found out what they are.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I don't wear a hat, and don't have any tats and I sure as hell not going to confront a bunch of anarchists, shock troops for the communists backing them, and give them the confrontation they want. Better things to do with my money than bond and lawyers.

Bad idea. Grandpa Page, "Don't wrestle with the pig, you both get dirty and the pig likes it."

Agreed...unless my home was behind me I would not be there.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I didn't know a thing about the pipe hitters, had to google it. When I first saw the Spikes lower's that had Pipe Hitter's Union, I thought maybe they were pandering to the Pipe Fitter's Union and it was a play on words. So I finally did a google search last night and found out what they are.

Industrial rock band?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Urban slang for elite spec ops types.
    Spikes thinks they are special... or they want their customer to think so anyway.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pipe hitter

Clever marketing to sell AR's in a market that is completely saturated with them. Selling the fantasy that you too can be a "Pipe Hitter" with your Spikes AR.

Or pack up your one hitter and live the fantasy on your couch while watching Seal Team Six, eating your chips and getting fatter and slower.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I like the poster, pisses off the Left and probably sells a few ARs too.

As others have said, I wouldn't emulate the scene in the ad...only if my home or loved ones were at stake.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Pissing off the left for the sake of pissing off the left may be satisfying, but it's not helpful in the war of ideas at all. I think it gives a sort of straw man for the left to swing at. I mean, who actually fantasizes about that exact circumstance? I'm realistic enough about it to think that the number is nowhere near zero. It's an advertisement aimed at an existing audience. However satisfying it may be to people, it's also not exactly a desirable image, politically, for gun owners.

Top Bottom