• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mozart3100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Muncie, Indiana
    I recently received my LTCH(four weeks, two days). The instruction sheet with the license recommends laminating the document. Does anyone have experience with this? I would appreciate knowing where to have this done. Thanks to everyone for such good suggestions.

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    Staples will do it for about $2. I set it on the counter and said I wanted to get it laminated and the young lady asked if I had signed it yet.

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I went to the UPS store down the street from me.. Just a couple of bucks.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What kind of lamination does Staples do? Is it heavy mylar like the old driver's licenses were (before they were the credit-card style)? I laminated my own, but it's a lighter weight mylar that I don't like very much.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I recently received my LTCH(four weeks, two days). The instruction sheet with the license recommends laminating the document. Does anyone have experience with this? I would appreciate knowing where to have this done. Thanks to everyone for such good suggestions.
    There are a couple other threads on here that discuss this. I would recommend reading them. If this is your Lifetime permit, then I would highly suggest getting copies made. That little piece of paper may not last as long as you need it to, and it will be more convenient to have copies on hand then to wait for them to re-issue one.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yeah, I didn't make copies of mine. I'm just going to have to suck it up and pay the $20.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    Mozart,
    1. Congrats on the lifetime license.
    2. Don't sign it, yet.
    3. Go to Kinkos, find matching pink paper from great selection.
    4. Put xxx number of pink paper in the copier.
    5. Ask for help if needed. Don't go into detail about the document.
    6. Make copies. Sign copies.
    7. Maybe keep one unsigned and one unlaminated. Put these in very safe place. (Safety deposit box? Gun safe?)
    8 Laminate as many as you think you'll need. One on your person, one in each vehicle, range bag, etc.
    9. Voila! You are done!
    10. PS Don't open carry in Kinkos. The clerks and clerkettes get real nervous.

Pappy

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    +1 on the Kinko's for copies. I used the heave suitcase tags. Found them at Wal-mart, 3 of the were 3 bucks.

I keep a copy in the truck, wife's car, camper, wallet, shooting bag, One at my mom's house, on at the in-laws. Just in case something happens.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    PS. Don't forget to sign it AFTER you make copies and BEFORE you laminate it.

Hey, are you saying I'm dumb!? :n00b: :):

I messed up the above, I put the signing last..... I guess I AM dumb! :dunno: Seems so simple when you put it that way Pami, it just makes it seem worse somehow.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Hey, are you saying I'm dumb!? :n00b: :):

I messed up the above, I put the signing last..... I guess I AM dumb! :dunno: Seems so simple when you put it that way Pami, it just makes it seem worse somehow.

No, just sayin'... ;)
    If it makes you feel better... I managed to get mine scanned before I signed it (because Lars made me), but it got signed before we went to Kinko's. In fact, we haven't even been to Kinko's. Do as I say, not as I do. ;) /sigh

arbitrary

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    There's an independent packing/shipping shop at 71st and Binford, NW of the intersection. Quality is very good and low priced. $1.50 maybe? He knew what my pink paper was from 20 feet.

Top Bottom