• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I was online, renewing my plates and I was looking at all of the plate options and noticed a NRA plate, just wasn't sure I want to advertise the fact that I am probably carrying, so I just kept my current plate. What really caught my eye, was the fact that you can get a handicap plate if you are legally blind.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    I was online, renewing my plates and I was looking at all of the plate options and noticed a NRA plate, just wasn't sure I want to advertise the fact that I am probably carrying, so I just kept my current plate. What really caught my eye, was the fact that you can get a handicap plate if you are legally blind.

Got something against the blind? ;) It's the same reasoning behind braille keypads at drive-up ATMs and for the handicapped parking spots in the cellphone lot at the airport!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    In addition, sometimes the person bought a car before they were legally blind and has a family member who drives them places.

Of note, I agree with there being handicapped parking spaces. I do not agree with there being laws mandating their presence and the required number of them. They should be so marked by the business owner, voluntarily. I might agree (maybe) with the idea of enforcing that they be used only by those with actual (not necessarily visible) handicaps. I'd have to give that a lot more thought before I could agree or disagree on a law addressing that point.

BTW: Handicapped parking in a cell phone lot? That, I think, is pointless. The handicapped person is not getting out nor having to walk to or from anywhere, it's just a place to park and wait for your person to call that they're ready for pickup. More government :bs:.

Blessings,
    Bill

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've seen folks driving around with what look like jeweler's loupes attached to their eyeglasses.

Disconcerting, but I presume that it worked.

One can be legally deaf but still hear.

One can be legally blind but still see.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    All of the license plate options are crazy. I'll keep getting plain plates as they cost enough.

Why would I pay $40 for an NRA plate and have the state keep $15 and send $25 to the NRA? Instead, I could just give $40 to the NRA directly.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    This one is still available. :)

noobama.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've had Environmental plates (see below) in the past. Next renewal, I'm getting them again. They help fund several projects I'm affiliated with, and have kept the .gov from a) reducing public access, and b) digging into the general fund for "recreation".

HT_Plate_2009.jpg

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I guess what I'm asking is why not just give $40 to an environmental cause and they would get the whole $40? When you pay for a plate, only $25 of your $40 donation goes to the cause. The only thing I see is that you get to "advertise" that you supported the organization.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Some of the plates are not just advertisement, there are Hosier Vet plates, VFD plates, some things that are truely worth advertising to people.

Top Bottom