• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ok, subject to proof to the contrary, it seems like the majority of gun rampages are committed by people without carry permits/licenses/whatever the local jurisdiction calls them.

I will also hazard a guess that the vast majority of people favoring gun control are also unlicensed.

So, for those of you who end up in a discussion/debate/argument about gun control, in order to possibly lighten the mood, you may want to assert something to the effect that people should be more worried about people who aren't licensed than people who are! :)

I certainly wouldn't lead off with that line of defense, but it does a couple things:
    - interjects a bit of levity
    - reveals, to an extent, the danger of relying on anecdotes to jump to conclusions
    - puts the gun control advocate a bit on the defensive: if they want to prove they aren't dangerous, maybe they should get a carry permit ;)

Just a thought. I agree with others who've posted that we have an opportunity as well as a responsibility to reasonably and rationally discuss this emotionally intense subject.

'Tis fortunate to have a "safe haven" like this to discuss these issues.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sounds like a fine time for my Federal Collector's License idea!
    Actually, we should look for opportunities like that - to move the debate "forward" in our direction.

People want to REACT. That feeling of reacting can be directed where WE want it to go.

It helps that we are right, too. :) Just ask the United States Supreme Court! :patriot:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What like an FFL03? Or broader?

Think of a super Curio and Relic License which applies to Title I or II weapons with federal preemption.

I want a CZ75B, I send my license off to RSR or Kansas City or wherever and the pistol is shipped to my door. I want a Smith & Wesson M76 submachine gun. I send a copy of my license off and the gun is shipped to me.

I write down all purchases and keep it in a book subject to admin search by ATFE.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Think of a super Curio and Relic License which applies to Title I or II weapons with federal preemption.

I want a CZ75B, I send my license off to RSR or Kansas City or wherever and the pistol is shipped to my door. I want a Smith & Wesson M76 submachine gun. I send a copy of my license off and the gun is shipped to me.

I write down all purchases and keep it in a book subject to admin search by ATFE.

IN.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World

:+1:

Top Bottom